“Very nice hotel at the beach”

Bilmar Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We just visited Bilmar Beach Resort for four days. At first we got a room at the second floor, with a very noisy icemachine just outside our room. We went to the reception and got another room right away, even though it was high season and they were fully booked. We enjoyed both the free wi-fire and the free available computers in the reception. The room was a perfect size, although we would have wished for some more kitchen facilities, when it said "kitchenette" but I guess it was just our interpretation that was wrong. Combined oven and a coffee maker was what we got. But it was okay anyway. The view from the room was fantastic. All rooms have seaview. There were to big pools and a hot tub. The beach bar was a great place and we really enjoyed our stay! Free parking as well, but no breakfast which would have been convenient. Would definitly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariFax

Reviewed 16 February 2012

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights, Jan 30 & 31. We arrived at 10:00 am and were greated by Michael at the front desk. I can't give him enough praise for his excellent service, pleasant manner, and superb dining advice. As early as we were, Michael accommodated us by upgrading our room to one with a full kitchen in the main building. The Gulf
view and private balcony was indeed a treasure. Everything about our stay was fantastic. The room and beds were #1. Finally a "hot" hot tub. Upon checking out we had a nice chat with the GM and realized the hotel service reflected his management style. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott V
Reviewed 13 February 2012

There was loud music and partying all night, most nights. The walls at the hotel are paper thin! Two nights in a row, I had to call the service desk because of loud drunks. The first night (morning around 2:30 a.m.), the drunks were in the next room. The second night(morning around 2 a.m.), the drunks were outside under my window. One male was so drunk that he was yelling and declaring that he was going to take off all of his clothes. The service desk person sent out a "security" person. Twenty minutes later, I had to call again. This time, the same desk person informed me that "unfortunately they are guests here, also."

The bed in the room gave me great back pain and I had to take Advil every four hours while there. When I arrived back home, my back hurt for a week.

Parking was another problem, for the parking lot is quite small in size. I had to return to the hotel before dark in order to get a parking space. The service desk person informed me that there was a parking lot across the four lane boulevard. It was also a block away. I was traveling alone and did not want to chance parking so far away from the hotel late at night.

The Asian maid seemed nice, but twice I had to ask her for more drinking cups. One morning, she asked if I wanted my carpet vacuumed that day. I suspect she was supposed to vacuum it each day.

I will never stay at the Bilmar Beach Resort again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Cilene108
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

It is with great disappointment that I have learned of your dissatisfaction with your visit to our resort last October. I wish I had the opportunity to address your concerns sooner as the entire resort team takes our guest’s comments very seriously and pride ourselves on prompt responses.

I apologize for the apparent after hour noise that disturbed your visit. We do have 24 hour security and maintain a strict policy of minimal noise after 11:00pm. The response from the front desk regarding them being “guests also” is not in alignment with our resort policy of 2 warnings before eviction. While this drastic action is extremely rare the City of Treasure Island is very cooperative with us when this becomes necessary.

I regret our beds were not to your liking. In addition to our full renovations in recent years we have replaced 100% of the hotel mattresses and box springs with top of the line national branded pillow top bedding enjoyed by most of our guests.

Parking at any beach resort can be a challenge and we monitor our west parking lot with attendants to protect the spaces for our overnight guests and offer temporary valet parking for wedding and dining guests. The lighted east lot, located directly across the street from the hotel is accessible by using the lighted crosswalk and safety flags provided by the county department of transportation.

Our policy for room cleaning does include compete vacuuming of carpets and mopping of tiled floors each day. I have shared your comment with the Director of Housekeeping and we will continue to monitor the compliance with this policy through our team of housekeeping inspectors.

Again, I do apologize for the areas of service where we did not meet your expectations. The resort staff and management team strives for exceptional service and take steps to correct insufficient areas when they occur. Your comments have been shared with our leadership team. As noted by almost 400 fellow reviewers our service and amenities exceed most travelers’ expectations and we would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence should your travels bring you back to the Tampa Bay Beaches area in the future.

Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager

Reviewed 13 February 2012

This hotel was perfect for our annual February get-away. The resort was clean and the staff was very friendly. The view from our room was better than expected. We looked out over the beach and the Gulf. The beach was perfect for long walks and sunsets. The windows actually opened so we could take pictures and feel the ocean breeze. We were in the "Shells" building. There were two heated pools and a small hot tub. The pools are large and rectangular so good to actually swim in, not just a small round shell. There is a restaurant/bar if you want to eat there or Sloppy Joe's is just steps away. We watched the Super Bowl from Sloppy Joe's on a large inflatable screen outdoors. They had it set up so that you had a view of the TV anywhere you were inside or outside the restaurant. Excellent food also. There are great restaurants within walking distance, Walgreen's across the street, a Publix grocery store a block away. There was ample parking when we were there the first week of February. This hotel is definitely five stars. We would totally recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose a gulf view room or if you prefer, probably with small children, a pool side room. The only d...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at the Bilmar the last week of Jan. '12 and it was great! It is an older Hotel like most in the area, but it is one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. Everyone at the hotel and the entire area act like they have known you for years and make you feel at home. You can walk to just about anything you want from the Bilmar. We will definitely go back and I highly reccommend the Bilmar to anyone going to the area. W.R. Massillon, Ohio

Room Tip: Stay in a studio on one of the higher floors in the highrise building.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple