“Just lunch”

Ranked #134 of 248 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

One of our local friends suggested to try the A Taste of Italy
It was well received as wow, where have you been all this time. We started out with the fresh bread, OMG it was like you just fell into a bakery. I should have asked for a doggy back just for the bread. I got the Grouper with the roasted potatoes, and spinach, the huge portion with the sauce was, well let’s just say it was Tony the Tiger “G R E A T”.
Play it again Sam. Our waiter was also very knowledgeable about the menu and made me want to order one of each item. I think his name was Henry, hope I got that part right. Thanks guys it was fantastic

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We love this place for wood fired pizza- nice toasty and tasty crust- always fresh !
The cheese varieties are Real melty, stringy cheese the way it SHOULD be!!!
Tomatoes and sauces are just right.
This time we chose Quattro stagioni with artichoke hearts, ham, Mediterranean okives and of course that great mozzarella!!!
So yummy and tasty!!
And they will do a gluten free crust!!!!!
Salads are very fresh- they will gladly substitute different greens if you want to switch up the choices.
Remember dessert!
(Any negative reviews you read must be from persons that prefer fast food chain pizza- no love lost there!!! Ha ha!!)

1  Thank Caiatikid
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We ordered bruschetta to start. I had the Caesar salad and my daughter had the seafood salad. Our bruschetta came when we were halfway through with our meal. It was tasteless and had only 1 sprig if basil. No garlic at all. My salad had Three huge slices of Parmesan cheese which had no flavor and was rubbery. I would not recommend it at all. We were the first in so the service should have been better. No apologies for the late appetizer.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The food was not good at all, we had the lasagna and a pasta dish that was incorrect. It was like they took it out of a can or box. The price we paid wasn't worth it at all. Service was slow, we are residents of Venice, FL area but this was our last visit to this restaurant. Don't waste your time or money there.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The origional owners built a great restaurant, but they sold out, and the new owners' have dropped the ball. We dined they the first week in April (2017), even though we saw a lot of bad reviews. We have to concur - the quality has fallen by two or three stars. The famous "Pizza by the Yard" is now a yard of soggy crusted, bland, american style Pizza (think Domino's only worse). My Pasta ":nightly special" was nothing to write home about - three meats slow cooked and marinated in a bland tomato sauce served over large pasta tubes. The beef was hard as a rock, so tough I could not cut it with a knife, or chew it - just a dried out over cooked piece of grissel trimmed off of a bad piece of beef to start with. The menue is a carry over from the previous owner, but the kitchen staff must have come from some truck-stop.
We are very sad to have lost this formerly great restaurant. It's a sad day for all of Venice. We wont go back!!!!!!

2  Thank billgardiner