“Good food”

Ranked #137 of 253 Restaurants in Venice
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time at this Applebee's. Bourbon steak was great and perfectly grilled, as always. Three cheese chicken pasta was wonderful. But we didn't get the free appetizer when we mentioned that our server didn't suggest the drinks on the giant poster on the table. She claimed we weren't entitled because the meal wasn't over yet. We'd already placed the order, been served and the reward was for an appetizer, which would have been useful at the start of the meal, not for dessert. Usual corporate b.s., but an otherwise great meal.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Two of us arrived at the restaurant and waited for someone to meet and seat us. There were approx 20 (max) other diners in there. In fact there were more service staff than diners. We were eventually approached by a young lad who obviously had no training in front of house skills whatsoever, he muttered 2 and follow me. We were taken to the furthest point in the place and seated, he left, no offer of drinks or anything else. So Rude. A waitress then appeared and disappeared without any acknowledgment that we even existed. There seemed to be lots of waitresses running around appearing to be busy but hardly any body dining and one guy at the bar on his phone. Enough was enough, we left and drove back to Chillis where we had a much much better experience.....

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Really good value and tasty too all our meals were hot and served by a friendly waitress, main negatives were waitress didn’t have a clue what was in the cocktails and daughter ended up with Long Island iced tea which if she’d known what was in would not have ordered. And the fries way too salty come on let us add our own salt - please !!

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I had not been back in what seems like forever. However, Harry had never eaten here and wanted to try it. They just made up new menus and I was impressed by the lunch combo offers. Harry took advantage of it too. He wanted the $8.99 special where you get a choice between a CLASSIC & SIGNATURE combo. He wanted the LOADED POTATO SOUP and with it the CHICKEN TORTILLA. I also wanted that special, but chose the CAESAR SALAD to go and the 4 CHEESE/MAC. I swear it looked awesome on the picture.

Reality was something else. Harry's soup had absolutely NO potato in it, so he left half of it. He said the tortilla was OK.
I could not believe the small size of my Mac and Cheeses, and complained to the waitress that there was no cheese at all in it. She did offer to bring some cheese, but I declined. The salad I brought home was also nothing to brag about!

Actually the service was the only thing to recommend from today's lunch. Her name was Krystal and she was very good.

4  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Service friendly, food good and warm/hot. Recommend. Bourbon chicken and shrimp, quesadillas. Yummm. Drunk specials good too. Can't wait to go back.