“Long term stay near the beach”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Clean comfortable hospitable stay , my 10 yr old and I have been guests here for 2 weeks while looking for a house the hotel is clean contrary to other negative reviews , I have. It seen a bug in our room which is lovely , my room is cleaned and mopped daily, the toiletries are high end aromatherapy aveeda if you need quiets simply ask to stay around back if there are issues the family who owns the hotel will take care of it it's nice and affordable I am uber picky would be the first to complain !

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank momofthreeand2chi
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear momofthreeand2chi,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to recognize our staff for their exemplary work in providing clean and comfortable experience for our valued guests. Our staff is highly trained to give you an exceptional experience, and to provide our customers the best we can offer in a reasonable price. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I used to enjoy staying at this hotel. The location is excellent, within a few miles of the Gulf. The property itself is very cool. The layout includes 2 seperate buildings, 3 floors all connected through walkways. It's a little spread out, but very unique. There is a heart shaped pool that is very cute. The rooms are very different from eachother. If you stay here, make sure you request a pool side room. The rooms aren't very clean. Especially on the 3rd floor. Don't ever stay on this floor it's disgusting. Some of the non smoking rooms are nice, but still I found several issues with the cleanliness. I've stayed at this hotel multiple times because of the price and value. I would just bring my own cleaning supplies and do a once over. The real issue with this hotel is the service. They actually charged my debit card for a $200 deposit and took payment. When I checked out and the deposit was supposed to be returned to me, they argued that there was no deposit paid. I even showed them bank statements and went back a month later and they still denied the deposit and said it was my banks fault. I ended up never getting that money back and they no longer will let me stay at the hotel. Also, they won't allow you to have anyone come to the hotel, so if your visiting family or friends, they made a big deal and wanted me to pay more money in order to have a guest. The website said they were pet friendly, but when i arrived at the hotel, there was a sign in the lobby saying they no longer were pet friendly. They said I could have my dog there for $50 a day. I paid $45 for the room. ridiculuos.

Room Tip: do not stay on 3rd floor, request non smoking, poolside
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Dear Heather H,

I am so sorry for the misunderstanding and inconvenience that you experienced because of this during your stay. The deposit is for the incidental deposit which is 100% refundable to the guests if there are no damage/s is/are found on the amenities, electronics etc. in the room they stayed in. Refund will be put back to your credit card after 3-5 business days or depends on how fast your bank works. I sincerely apologized if this was not mentioned during your reservation, we will check booking procedure published online and update all information. Thank you for calling our attention for this matter and we hope to be serving you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay @ Rodeway Inn of Venice. All the employees and staff are exceptionally friendly And helpful people. They seem to have went out of their way to see that our needs were met. And they gave us good advise as to where one might go to eat,or to a pub. Our room was extremely comfy,clean. Although,at times during our stay,some of the other guests and their company, got a little on the louder side,all in all,it was a great place to stay.Centered just so in Venice. And because of the extreme heat during those hot,humid summer months, the pool was a dream. Cool and clean. The building does appear to a bit aged,but it's got alot of potential to be even better.I loved being there just to get a break from our crazy home life.Thanks Rodeway Inn. We'll be back. Sincerely, Michele Lee

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Shellie98,

Your kind compliments mean so much to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this review. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We hope to impress you again during your next visit and we thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed with roadway inn for a week Staff was very satisfactory they did everything they could to make my stay better.Room clean big ,smell good,water excellent,for a long hot shower.Price was cheap, perfect Location perfect for beaches north and south of Venice, restaurants, stores close by so I could by food keep on my fridge and use the microwave later y warm up the food I was set I had all I need it for a week stay. I really enjoyed my stay the whole staff was very helpful. People who care about your stay the room was quite ro riffs no raff just good guests.I was pleased with the remodeling off the rooms.I'm coming back again and would recommend this hotel to family and friends

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear alex r,

Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest experience in our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We are delighted by your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality standards. Your thorough review is greatly appreciated! We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

PLEASE SHARE!
NEVER, EVER, NEVER STAY AT THE RODEWAY INN, VENICE FLORIDA!

Stupid me had made the wrong reservations for our last show and subsequently had to find a place at the last minute. The only game in town was a Choice Hotel, the Rodeway Inn, in Venice, Florida.

I would not be publishing this now but after two weeks of haggling with Choice Hotels and the Rodeway Inn, the only compensation that they could give us was a lousy 15%, $26.25. We paid an ungodly $174.99 before taxes.
EVERYTHING WAS AWFUL...except the bathroom faucet.

We were overwhelmed to the gagging point by the smell of the cleaning liquid used to clean the room.

The vanity lights flickered so badly that it was like staying in the Bates Motel. The front desk would not answer. My husband had to go to the front office to actually contact someone. They gave him two 'old' bulbs to replace the two 'old' bulbs we already had. He had to stand on a chair, remove the ceiling panels and install the new-old bulbs....which flickered just about as bad as the old ones. This was totally wrong.

I had to move the end table forward to get to the plug and the filth behind it was horrible, right down to the cracker and wrappers.

The bedspread was filthy, the towel bar fell off, the ceiling panels had bugs in them.

We had no 'choice' in this Choice Hotel. The alternative would have been to sleep in our van which would have probably been better.

I am sounding off here as neither Choice Hotels nor Rodeway Inn seem to give a damn. The room should be condemned, the whole damn property should be demolished.

And they have you over a barrel because they have your credit card information.

I post this as a public service warning to anybody staying in a Choice Hotel property. Lesson learned.

I have contacted the Florida Department of Business Relations, our Discover account, Facebook and tomorrow it is going on Twitter.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Debbie M
Dev P, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

We did compensate for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. We are sorry to have communication barrier to contact front desk during our busy season. We asked guest if we can come replace the light bulbs. We wanted to find out that it was just a light bulb or fixture or it could be bad ballast which in turns needed to be replaced. Also We had working light bulbs those we save when we replaced light fixtures in some of the rooms. We never know what time in a day it could go bad. But your husband rejected our assistance twice. We are sorry your husband took it upon himself. If you would have come to us to ask for a check out and ask for a refund upon addressing further issues which you addressed upon check out, we would of be very happy to accommodate your cost on the same day check out,but we can't return what you asking which is not under my control. You decided to pass a night due to there was no hotels available in town which is fine.

Again we apologize for everything.

Thank you..