“Early Mother's Day Lunch”

Torero's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 741 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

The food was very tasty. The portions were large. I took my mom for early mothers day around 12 and the place was quiet, which was very nice. We also enjoyed the salsa and chips they were very flavorful . Not the usual hearty salsa but nice. All in all will return.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

It was Cinco de Mayo and my son and I had just driven up from South Florida to go to the Tomp Petty concert that night. We checked into our hotel and then went online to check out Mexican restaurants. My son found this restaurant and said it had great reviews and was within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

The restaurant is located within a lovely upscale shopping plaza....plenty of parking! Good point number 1. When we got there at 4:30 pm, there was a lively crowd, but not crazy busy. We took one of the 2 high top tables in the little bar area (this is not somewhere I would recommend to sit at the bar and drink...it is really a restaurant.

As soon as our server got there, we ordered our drinks and some of their homemade guacamole. Drinks, chips and 2 excellent slasas ( one red, one green) were served, along with a generous bowl of their guacamole. Fresh and tasty made with avocado onion, tomato and cilantro...a hint of lime....just perfect.

My son ordered the Seafood Chimichanga - a large burrito filled with fresh fish, scallops and shrimp - he said it was the best he had ever had!

I ordered the Seafood Molcajete; shrimp and scallops in a mildly spicy red sauce sauteed with onions, peppers and mushrooms.

Both my son and I do not eat meat often, and were very pleased with the extensive menu offerings with seafood.

Both meals were served with rice and the best refried beans I've had since I was last inn New Mexico. My dish came with tortillas and pico de gallo on a bed of fresh shaved lettuce...I ordered corn tortillas, and used them to make little tacos with my meal...but after the first one, decided the seafood was so good I did not want to mask any of the flavor. Aldo, the shrimp and scallops were cooked perfectly...moist and not overdone at all!

The servings are large ( I could not finish mine) and the food was excellent!

The place is not fancy, very casual...and very good. I love Mexican food and was so happy to find this place. Next time Im in West Palm and hankering for Mexican...this is where I will be!

By the way...2 beers, two entrees, guacamole and 2 espressos after dinner...UNDER $50! Woo hoo!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Really easy parking (but easy location to miss - it's just to the left of the large, excellent Rock Fitness gym), entire staff is always polite and efficient, large portions, and yummy food - the carne asada twin 10" skirt steak burritos dish, with molcajete sauce, is a winner!

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I would give this place 10 stars.
Clean.
Friendly staff.
Good margaritas of good size.
Food is YUM!!
Good chips & mild salsa ranchero.
Carnitas - lean, soft, flavorful
Chicken tortilla soup with lots of avocado chunks.
Cheese enchilada came with lots of sauce & cheese and just like I asked.
Tamale is moist & flavorful.
Chile relleno (poblano) is large & Delicious!!
Refrieds are better than average.
Red rice is good.

We live far away, so we are packing leftovers!!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed the meal. Food was delicious and super hot heat wise. Large portions!! Their salsa and chips were very good