“A Nice Find ”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

This past spring I discovered Winnie's when my husband & I were in a desperate search to find good Chinese food in the area. We had moved to the Baldwin Park area of Orlando months before and were surprised at how difficult it was. After tasting their deliciously prepared food, we realized that we had Finally found our eat-in and take-out Chinese restaurant. Thank you much Winnie's!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Winnie's is a Winter Park staple. Always great food, good specials, and good service. Nice bar area too.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

was there Saturday while in Orlando with 2 friends.

Ordered 2 servings of crab rangoon, followed by Curried Chicken, Lo Mein Roast Pork and orange chicken.

The crab rangoon came out burnt and obviously so, the brittle black charcoal tips snapping in my hands leaving a sooty black powder.
How the cook ( or more likely the gardener) allowed them to leave the kitchen and be served is beyond me.

The other tray of crab rangoon was also burnt but not as badly so we gave it a try.
It was tough, smoky tasting and utterly devoid of filling. When our waiter reappeared, we sent them back and had it redone, this time much better ( but still skimpy on the filling and although unburnt, hardly appetizing)

The entrees arrived, with the curried chicken the most depressing looking meal of the lot. The chicken slices were thin pasty slaps of pseudo meat, the curry sauce had tiny flecks of corn starch (really) and tasted like yellow glue.

The Lo Mein Roast Pork was ok, but only just and was a tad on the oily side.

My expectations are very low when it comes to Chinese food and I was surprised at being disappointed nonetheless.

Curiously, I was there 3 weeks earlier and had the Beef with Eggplant which was VERY good ( One of their specials)

Seems that experience was the exception. :(
The orange chicken was just awful and the waiter took it off the bill when he made another of his rare visits.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

This is a small restaurant, not one of the all-you-can-eat buffets. This is not to say that Winnie will not fill you up with tasty dishes. Salmon on a bed of spinach is my favorite, as is the egg drop soup (which can become chicken-corn soup if you ask). Things that are supposed to be crispy are crispy, vegetables are fresh, nothing is greasy, and the food is authentic: Cantonese, Shandong, Szechuan. (I'm getting hungry for the chow fun while I'm writing this.) When you come for a meal, you're family, eating in Winnie's dining room.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Winnie's Oriental Garden was my friend's choice for her birthday lunch. The 3 of us had assorted dishes that we all rated very good. The service was slow, but the food was great.