“Small Quaint & Good Food”
Review of thai villa

thai villa
Ranked #62 of 361 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 8 March 2017

If you're looking for good thai food and reasonable prices in Winter Park, this place is it. It's a small place but very quaint and the food was very good. My husband and I shared an order of the summer rolls (not my favorite, I felt they were missing something) however the Green Curry was wonderful and there was plenty to share. I only wish we lived closer so we could go more often. We were here on a Saturday night around 7:30PM and the place was happening. Most of the tables were full and they had to go orders constantly (I can see why).

Reviewed 19 February 2017

This restaurant is very easy to just drive by and not give any thought. I heard from a couple of people that it was amazing so we gave Thai Villa a try. I'm happy we did! I love authentic, fresh Thai food and this is easily one of the best I've had. Don't judge this book by its cover.....get in there and leave happy!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I visited this restaurant on a Monday for lunch with a friend. We were seated promptly and the wait staff came over quickly to bring us water and take our drink order. We had the ice team with cream layered on top. Ask for this drink if you go here, it is fantastic with wonderful Asian spice flavors. It is both sweet and a flavorful and not at all too rich tasting. We did not order appetizers although on previous visits we have had the green curry soup, and other soups and they have all been freshly prepared and delicious. We chose the 'Box Lunch' and a clear soup is served with this lunch. The soup was a homemade chicken broth that was perfectly seasoned. In the soup were freshly cut vegetable, onion, carrot, leeks and also some small bits of tofu. The vegetables were crisp and their flavor added to the soup. The amount of vegetable and tofu were perfect to accent the soup and not give you a bowl of vegetable soup. Lunch itself was the selection of the pineapple, curry fish. There are 4 meats to choose from on the box lunch, and 3 ways to prepare each meat and this made it easy to find something we like. There was a variety of food on the plate, salad, egg roll, shrimp wonton, rice, fish with red curry sauce, dumplings, and all of it appeared to be homemade. The picture with this review shows the box lunch. Everything was delicious and served still hot to the table. The service was excellent although it did take a few moments to get the check as we were there in the middle of the lunch rush and the server was new. If you are in a hurry ask for the check when the food is served, The inside of the restaurant is clean, well laid out, quaint and has a comfy feel to it. Parking may be interesting the first time you go as you have to come in off a side road, but this place is well worth the visit.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

This little Thai restaurant tucked away inside a small strip mall is delightful! Everything is fresh cooked to order. I was able to see back into the kitchen and noticed that the people working in the kitchen wear net caps to keep a clean working kitchen. They even have a small herb garden in the back where they grow their own herbs! This place is small and both seating and parking can be a challenge but it's totally worth it! My daughter ordered the chicken Phad Thai and I ordered the Tofu Yellow Curry Fried Rice and we started with Chicken Satay all shown in the pictures below. I recommend this place for sure, we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Tucked in the corner of a small business park for 20+ years, Thai Villa offers superb dishes. The owner grows his own fresh Thai ingredients, and you can taste it. Don't be afraid to try something outside of your usual Thai preference, it's all good. The restaurant is small so don't come in with a group. They do offer take out and usually have at least 5 orders waiting for pick up so it seems to be a popular option.