“This has always been a favorite but the last two visits …”
Review of The Ravenous Pig

The Ravenous Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ravenous Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 357 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Orlando 17-92
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are locals and have eaten at The Petrakis’ darling, (Ravenous Pig) at least a dozen times and have loved it. The service is always exceptional with just the right amount of attention to ensure customer satisfaction. The past two visits however, the three entrees we selected have left us scratching our heads and wondering how the kitchen could send out such a measly portion and expect a person to be ok with the prices. I so wish I had taken pictures but try not to pull out my phone at dinner. First let me say that the gatherers salad is absolutely delicious, (we had it each of our last two visits over the past 6 weeks) although the last time some of the items on the salad were scarce. Our first disappointment was a smoked beef short rib. Our waiter said it was plenty for two persons. Mind you, I am a petite 113 lb. woman and generally take less than half of a shared entree. There was so much fat within the meat we got about 3 or 4 small bites each. This dish was around $40. Our visit on May 5th revealed many new fish and seafood items. I ordered the pork and crab tortellini. There were 5 on the plate and while tasty, the pasta to crab pork ratio was out of balance, and not in a good way. This dish was $21 so I’m not complaining too much. My husband ordered the golden tilefish which comes with rock shrimp on the plate for $32. The fish was well prepared, nonetheless I am not exaggerating when I say there was no more than 2 oz. of tile fish and 1, (that’s right,1) rock shrimp on his plate. The other items on the plate were barely visible. My husband is 6 feet 2 inches and I felt so bad I gave him 2 of my tortellini. I also noticed the couple next to us eating Ravenous Pig’s famous burger.........it is about 1/3 the size it used to be. Sad! If we decide to dine there again, you can be sure we will be asking the ounce proportions of the entrees before we order. I wonder how long the faithful customer base will put up with this. The prices have gone up with cost increase but the portions which were always on the modest side have declined. Maybe we are all just that gullible in the Orlando area?

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We had the charcuterie and the cheese board, both were a great choice for a midday snack. The place also have a tap room in the back, so we are definitely coming back for a beer tasting.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Visiting and touring Orlando for a day, we went for lunch time around 3 PM. We chose this place based on it being a Jame Beard Nominee. I can see why they didn't win. This is a weak and failed attempt on trying to be hipster to the surrounding area. Maybe, it's because we are in Miami but this place lacked decent food. Please save your money and go elsewhere.

We got there and were told they only serve bar food for the timing. Fine. We figured it shouldn't be a problem, and we'll order a bunch of small bites. I would say this was just a full waste of time

We ordered
-Meat board (chosen by the chef we got chicken liver pate & salami )-this was the only good thing about the menu

-A dozen oysters-we were never told where they came from-east or west coast-They were dirty and we kept gettting shell stuck to our lips...and they were flavorless

-Chicken wings-RAW RAW RAW-when they brought it, I mentioned that the skin looked pale and uncooked but we went and cut into the chicken and it was bloody. When we sent it back (something we don't like doing!), the waitress said it's smoked which is why it's pink. I explained that smoke meat is different from raw meat and went on to show her.

-Fries (they were truffled)-this was good but so small

-Shrimp fried tacos-they were ok...honestly, I wouldn't come here for Shrimp tacos (got to Chuy's for that)

For drinks, I had a lame and weak capirinha and the signature old fashion (they add bacon-please remove it as your drink will taste like lard-disgusting)

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Went there for dinner last night and it was really good. Our server Miller went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great dinning experience.

The ravioli was good but on the oilier side. The Charcuterie plate was outstanding and so fresh! Slightly on the pricier side but overall great experience!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We had an early family dinner at the ravenous pig. It was superb.

The kids had sliders and my wife and I shared a salad to start and both had steak frites for our main. The food was cooked to perfection and was extremely tasty.

Our server was extremely friendly and efficient and, as it was my daughter’s birthday, they were kind enough to bring her a little birthday treat.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn they brew beer on site. I had the Lone Palm Golden - delicious!

We will definitely return. This is a gem is a restaurant.