“This is better than the Old Izak Walton's Restaurant”

Blackwater grill and bar
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Yankeetown
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Yes, it is much better. The new look with upscale linen table cloths and napkins.
The food was excellent and the service most friendly. Definitely worth the trip to this beautiful location. Best wishes to the new management you are on the right track.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My wife and I decided to drive down to Yankeetown and try the new restaurant at the old Izak Walton Lodge. It was New Years Eve and we stopped by early to beat the New Years Eve festivities. They were busy setting up for their evening offerings and the place was not crowded at all. A window seat overlooking the river just before sunset was great. Being a sea coast town we looked forward to having seafood. Alas we were informed they had no shrimp. How can a resturant in a area known for fishing and shrimp not have shrimp on the busiest night of the year? They did have crab cakes and calamari so we went with that. I will say the crab cakes were excellent and full of crab meat. Pretty good wine list and the price is not bad for the limited menu. All in all we enjoyed our later afternoon appetizers and our trip to a little of old Florida. Blackwater Grill is a little off US19 so if in the area give it a try, who knows they may even have shrimp.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

We attended the public Christmas party at the Blackwater Grill & Bar on Saturday night. In short, it was great! The price per person ($30) was very reasonable, given everything there was to eat & drink.

The food was very good and there was plenty of it. The evening started with appetizers that included mini crab cakes, bacon-wrapped shrimp, baked oysters, caprese crostini, and a tuna sushi (that was nicely presented on a cucumber slice). Yum!

On the buffet table were two kinds of salad (green and caesar) and a tasty fish spread with crackers. Dinner items on the buffet included pulled pork, roast beef, green beans, bourbon-butter carrots, rice, and dinner rolls. While we did not stay through dessert, I did hear that they served key lime pie and berry cobbler. Some friends have raved about the cobbler, having had it on several occasions before.

Did I mention...there was an open bar? Yes, there surely was! And, with seating on two floors, it was convenient to have a bar set-up upstairs as well.

There was live music performed by a duo. The hubby & I both thought they were very good. They were playing on the 2nd level. Since the upstairs is open to the floor below, it did not feel at all like two separate parties. Music and partiers also spilled out onto the large porch. All-in-all, it was fun, festive, and lively! Hopefully, this will become an annual affair.

1  Thank CheeMama
Reviewed 25 November 2017

This is a brand new restaurant with new owners and incredible chefs that are unbelievably talented. The food was spot on with a beautiful presentation presentation of a hand cut ribeye steak for myself. My husband had the bourbon glazed blackened snapper that was to die for. The waitress suggested wine that paired beautiful with my entire meal.
The food exceeded my expectations immensely! The ingredients the chef used were just unbelievable and of the highest quality I ever tasted. The view of the water was spectacular. I can't believe we didn't visit this hidden gem sooner! I am looking forward to come back to Blackwater grill and bar and would highly recommend it to anyone visit the area. Outstanding!

1  Thank LuAnn L