“Won't go back...”
Review of Riverside Inn

Riverside Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Yankeetown
Description: Riverside Inn at Izaak Walton Lodge, a wonderful waterfront dining destination. Located on the Withlacoochee River in historic Yankeetown, FL. We offer a variety of seafood, steaks, chicken and much more. Live music on Friday nights, Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon. Check us out of Facebook at Riverside Inn at Izaak Walton Lodge or on Instagram to see what is happening and for specials.
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Had lunch there today and was so very disappointed. The place looked deserted and even though there was only 1 other table occupied, it took forever to get food (and silverware) to our table. I ordered shrimp and grits but was served shrimp scampi. Hubby ordered wings which were very bland and without seasonings. Server states they were supposed to be hot but not the case unfortunately. After sending the scampi back to the kitchen, I ordered a smoked fish dip which was absolutely wonderful up until I found hair on the plate. The iced tea was basically sugar water (weak and super sweet.) It's very unfortunate because with proper management, this place could be a charming establishment.

1  Thank bluiis923

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We were there Thursday. Night,only 3 tables, service was very slow,the bartender/waitress must not been experence.One table was a family 2 Children, another was a man eating alone and us (2).At the bar only 5 men. The one single man got up he'd been there 25 minutes only offered a salad and maybe a sandwich.He saw a salad thought it was his,when told no,go got upset (which was under standable) I have been a waitress at another restaurant and I had more then 3 tables at a time, I took care of my customers the way I want to be treated.The food is good and view is awesome.But the owner needs to have better control of her employee and get more specials to bring it back to where it used to be.

1  Thank Beookeaileen20
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Supply and demand suggests we may be one of a very few that enjoy an English High Tea. So I appreciate anyone's attempt. The Riverside Inn hosts a High Tea with scones, savory sandwiches (cucumber, egg salad, chicken salad), and tea. The High Tea is only $10 so one might expect a limited selection of teas (2), but we were a little surprised to be served a tea bag and cup of hot water (versus a pot of tea). The sandwiches and the scone and clotted cream were fine. The setting is truly old Florida, overlooking a small inlet. Riverside Inn's High Tea is limited but it's a good value in nice location.

If you're looking for a more proper High Tea, this isn't you cup of tea.

1  Thank ruthles2
Reviewed 6 April 2017

We had the worst waitress ......... Us: "How's the grouper sandwich ?" Her: "Dunno don't eat seafood, I'm allergic" Me: "How many clams (average) with the steamed clams" Her: "Dunno don't eat seafood, I'm allergic" Really!!! We had to get our own silverware, never offered another drink, or to check on us.............Plus the wait! (About an hour)
Riverside Inn - Please educate your wait staff or hire a manager, you have such a beautiful place!

1  Thank TybeeDolphin
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I took my wife out for lunch the restaurant has a nice ambience and beautiful view of the river when we went in there there was two tables and then the party is 6 a party at 10 and another two tables of two and the waitress called in another server and everything was wonderful. Running a Restaurant is not easy as I own one myself everyone is a food critic this restaurants with the shot KY and Nancy do a great job