“Easter Brunch”

Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Black Sheep Restaurant is Located in the Historic Butt House, Circa 1914, in Downtown Blue Ridge Georgia. A Progressive, Locally Sourced, Chef inspired New Americana menu, a “Wine Spectator” Recognized Wine list and Exceptional Service all set inside this Historically Inspired architectural Masterpiece make the Black Sheep One of the Most Recognizable Restaurants Anywhere North Of Atlanta. Together Brandon and Anthony are Committed to Serving Inspired Dishes with the Freshest Local and Seasonal Ingredients and Delivering an Exceptional Upscale Dining Experience All Wrapped up with Comforts of Southern Hospitality. At the Black Sheep, ​we want to be Comfortably Unfamiliar, We want to be Distinctively Unique, and most importantly we want to be ALL Things Originally Black Sheep
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lived in Hiawassee for 23 years and sadly, we just discovered Black Sheep! Super busy, but what a great staff! Brittany was our server and what an amazing personailty Not to mention skills at keeping multiple tables Happy. We started with candied bacon over stone ground grits...amazing! Oh! The Spice bloody Mary was epic! Our tables had the New York strip, the Filet, and the crazy delicious Meatloaf. Each entree was incredible. The menu offered more Items that will just have to wait until we return from a move to Napa!! Thanks for a very memorable meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I have visited The Black Sheep in the past, it was always good, but something was missing each time. They never seemed to quite get it all right. Recently, The Black Sheep changed hands and I gave them time to make the changes they were going to make to see if it made a difference. It seems to have.

This was the first time I actually sat indoors, as before I was there in the afternoon and the porch seemed more inviting. The dining room was very nice, yet a bit warm, which they adjusted after a couple of us mentioned it. The music was nice but way too loud for my taste. It was like dining in a bar.

The menu offered many interesting choices, but I finally settled on the meatloaf, as did my dining companion. Meatloaf is not really my go-to choice, but I am not a big steak eater (and they offered many) and I didn't see a chicken choice that appealed to me. One of the specials was mahi mahi. I didn't see or hear anyone ordering it, but I suspect it was very good.

I started with the beet salad, which was excellent, different beets on mixed greens with a few other things thrown in, with a nice light dressing. My companion had the house salad and it looked tempting as well. The bread for the table was very good, hot and tasty. It is served with Blue Ridge Olive Oil Company olive oil and balsamic vinegar. . a very nice touch using local companies.

When the meatloaf arrived, I was very impressed as it was a very large portion with a tangy sauce, that was exceptional. The roasted asparagus side was delicious. Unfortunately, my other side, the cheese grits were not warm enough to melt butter. They were very tasty, but should have been hotter. I mentioned this to our server and he offered to replace them, but by that point I had eaten half of them. Like I said, there were tasty, just not hot enough. I trust he mentioned this to the kitchen.

Craig, our waiter, was attentive without being obtrusive. Two different men stopped by our table to "check on things", but they never introduced themselves and we had to ask Craig who they were. He stated that they were two of the owners, neither one mentioned the grits. We were way too full for dessert, but I am sure they are amazing.

In summary, nice dining room with loud music. Great service from Craig. Excellent food (lukewarm grits aside). At their price point, this will be reserved for special occasions.

2 salads, 2 meatloaf entrees with two sides each, water to drink. . .$80.27 including tax and tip.

1  Thank Tom Y
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Great food and awesome service. I had the chicken Marsala with homemade pasta and it was the best I ever had. Service was impeccable and the bar Mgr, Patrick was very knowledgeable on wines! Will return again soon

1  Thank Donna L
Reviewed 14 March 2018

My wife and I took our daughter there for her birthday. The staff was great...very accommodating. Our meals were excellent. All-in-all, a great night.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The music in the dining areas of the restaurant is a little too loud for me. I only ask once for music to be turned down. I don't like to impose my hearing issues on others. For a fine dining establishment, I like to have normal conversations with the people I'm dining with and not have to speak loudly. The food is good, but this is a place more for the younger crowd who enjoy loud music to dine by.

1  Thank pamrauber2017