“Great place to stay”

Comfort Suites Brunswick
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Room was quite large and comfortable. Had all amenities you expect. Great location for visiting the coastal islands of Georgia. Off I 95 but NO NOISE! Restaurant choices nearby.

Breakfast choices were many and delicious. Very pleasant open space.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3 Rd floor middle
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
gmga6412016, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Our room was ok, but not well cleaned, and not particularly well cared for. Front desk staff were ok, I did not feel as if it were worth the money we paid. Better choices out there.
We found hairs in the bathtub, as well as in the sink, carpets were a bit dingy, but, to be fair, there WERE fresh sheets.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
gmga6412016, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We have stayed at this property before, and it was very nice last time we were here. HOWEVER, it seems as if the owners have lost interest in keeping guests coming back.
We had a reservation, and showed up at 3:45 in the afternoon, after a long drive, only to be told that our room would not be ready for "at least a half hour, maybe a bit longer". We were told we could wait in the lobby ( as a few people already were) or we could come back later. I looked at my phone for the text I had received the day before, and there it was: "Check in at 3 PM". I wanted to be sure I was not wrong in my time.This was not what I really wanted to hear after a long day on the road.

We left, and did some shopping, and came back at 6 or so, and yes, the room was ready for us. We loaded in, and noticed that the room was not quite up to the standards of a "hundred dollar room" ( that's what it'll cost after taxes and fees are added). We observed that the tub had not been cleaned from the previous occupant , or if it was, only a cursory job had been done- there were numerous hairs in the tub, the carpeting had not been vacuumed, and the sink was not overly clean either. I'm guessing it was a do-it-yourself room, but it was not priced that way.

We'll try elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

To be fair this hotel is listed as two star but in comparison to the UK where I live this is a little under sold. The decor etc. is a little dated (only a little) but this is more than made up for by the work ethic of the staff and their friendly approach. They are warm, honest and natural in dialogue with guests, refreshing to say the least. This is especially true of the lovely lady taking of care of breakfast (October 12th plus other days). Rooms are clean to a high standard and they should be congratulated.
The people in the wider area are lovely and make South Georgia a pleasure. Nearby Jeckyll island is nice, although developing.
Thanks all at the hotel as you have made our working week relaxed and comfortable. We appreciate the coffee and cookies xx

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I needed to book a room for a future stay - I stay in hotels over 80 nights a year - and somehow the booking confirmation was for yesterday, not for the night in November I was trying to book. I realized this immediately when I looked at the confirmation screen. I called the hotel and told them what had happened and asked them to move it to the appropriate day. They refused because it was already past the 24 hour guarantee. Of course it was because of the situation. So I called Choice Hotels and after holding for over 30 minutes, they told me they could not help me. Unbelievable. The hotel had my $115 and my only choice now is to dispute through my credit card. Be very careful if you book here. They don't deserve your business.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
gmga6412016, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your booking. It's not the hotel's fault you didn't check the date before booking. We have to follow policies, when it envolves 3rd party reservations. If you had called the hotel directly, your reservation would have been entered correctly.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Brunswick.