“WORST MEAL EVER”

Harris's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #151 of 191 Restaurants in Brunswick
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel every year over the past 3 yrs. from Durham NC to Florida an have stopped in Brunswick Ga. When I first started the restaurant was called Millstone best prime rib ever. Made my reservations at the Holiday Inn and made my way towards Georgia looking forward to my meal at the new Harris Steakhouse . .The new restaurant had no Prime Rib on the menu so I settled for the Filet minion with mushrooms no onions (because onions at night bother my stomach) I also ordered mashed potatoes asparagus and creamed spinach. When l received my meal the Filet was covered with onions the asparagus was cold and I didn't receive the creamed spinach until I asked for it and when I took a fork of it , it was also cold and it was sent back. When it came back the top was hot the middle was still cold probably after being microwaved. So the only thing I really ate was the Filet. Very disappointed. NEVER AGAIN . Jim Ventrilla

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 1 February 2021

My siblings and I took my father to your restaurant on 25 January of this year to celebrate his 85th birthday. My sister had made reservations for 6:00 PM for 12 people. On arrival at the appointed time, we had to wait outside as no preparations had been made.
After being seated by 6:15 we placed our order for appetizers and entrees. My niece ordered a crab cake appetizer that didn’t come out until 7:15 (45 minutes later) that I would have sent back but, she was past hungry and ate what she could of it. Our entrees began finally coming out at 7:30 PM. My nephew’s entrée was “misplaced” and his daughter’s hamburger took an additional 15 minutes finally being delivered at 7:45 PM. In order to add insult to injury the overall quality was atrocious…your “spinach gratin” was fibrous, tasteless and cold being left on the plate. The steak I ordered looked more like a piece of liver than a sirloin. We all were in agreement that if approached about dessert we were certainly declining.
Were it not for the fact it was celebration for my father I would have gone into your kitchen and found not only the manger but, your executive chef and expeditor. None of which were doing their jobs. Being a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu, having worked in Europe and across the United States I would never recommend your establishment. What I would recommend is the location my sister took me to one day for lunch… I believe it was called, “Willies Winnie Wagon”.
Jeff Lamey

Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

We have eaten at Harris’s twice now and enjoyed both meals. We like to sit at the bar, and it is the same bar used by the restaurant that went out of business at the same location. In fact, everything is from the old restaurant, which is not bad at all. The service is OK, not like Morton’s or Fleming’s, but fine. So far, our food and drink have been fine as well. Not great by any measure, but more than adequate for being located in a hotel. I will vouch for the hamburgers, they are very good. The cheese cake, from a third party, IS great, so if you like cheese cake you will be pleased. Many of the old crowd from the defunct restaurant are coming to the bar to eat. We do enjoy seeing them again.

1  Thank 1_1aGeorgia
Reviewed 29 December 2020

Typical Good SOUTHERN service. Slow and inefficient. Food was good. Walked in asked for a table away from.others. Hostess actual said " but I will have to clean the table".
Drinks are very good. Absolutely no Covid protocols here. Good luck. Masks are chin warmers for staff.
BUT THEY ARE VERY POLITE. Y'ALL.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank V7104DGharolds
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

We were planning on going to Bennie's Red Barn, since we had good steak there, however, we did not want to drive that far. I checked the reviews for Harris, since it was 10 minutes from our house. What a pleasant surprise! I had a filet and husband had ribeye. Both were exceptional! Done the way we wanted them. The baked potato was done just right, fluffy. The crusty bread with an olive oil dipping sauce, was tasty. Our waitress was Brittany, and she was pleasant and efficient. Will be back to this neighborhood eatery.

Date of visit: December 2020