“Awesome Mini Gardens”
Review of The Garden

The Garden
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Calhoun
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I heard about this little garden from a friend & since it was little over hour away I decided to check it. My niece is obsessed with fairies so I figured it would be a cool thing to take her to visit. It blew me away. You truly feel the magic in this little wonder land. To know all of it is handmade makes it extra special. The love is shown in all the hard work. We enjoyed checking out each of the castles, Churches, cottages, etc. One of our favorite parts was looking for all the extras inside and around the structures: people, jewels, animals, stain glass, etc. It is set up behind a church next to a creek. Very relaxing with plenty of setting to just enjoy the tranquility.

All reviews
"off the beaten path"
"sea shells"
"unique place to visit"

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

A very unique place to visit, beautiful handmade miniature buildings and pathways. A little off the beaten path, behind the Adventist Church, but will worth search. Be sure and bring your camera you will want to make pictures.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I am so happy that we found this incredible place. We picked up a North Georgia tour brochure at a visitor center, as soon as I saw The Rock Garden mentioned I knew that I had to visit. Even while driving the short "enter at your own risk" sign on a gravel road the sight took my breath away. The stone buildings are exquisite and there are so many small details to notice. After exploring for a bit, we spotted the creator himself, Old Dog. He graciously invited us to join him at his newly delivered outdoor table and chairs and we had a great time hearing his life story, especially his love story. This is a must visit when you are in the area, and if you have the pleasure of meeting either Old Dog or his wife, Lady Joyce, have them tell you about their heart with a bullet on the wall.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

This place was a magical surprise. There is no charge to enter, but there is an area for donations for the church. It is like a little enchanted forest or fairy land! Pet friendly as well. Take time to look in all the little nooks and crannies. I hope artists continue to create these little masterpieces.