“Excellent experience”

Tellus Science Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Tellus is a 120,000 square foot science museum located in Cartersville, just north of Atlanta. Tellus Science Museum is a Smithsonian Institute Affiliate Museum, which houses four major galleries - Weinman Mineral Gallery, Fossil Gallery, Science in Motion Gallery, and My Big Back Yard. In addition, the museum includes a fossil dig and gem panning hands-on experience, a planetarium, and an observatory.
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Went with my son and his family today. Excellent exhibits, great room for small ones to interact. Well worth the admission . Around 16 dollars for adults. Places to sit if you get tired.

TellusMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Tellus Science Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for visiting and for the great 5 dot review!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I purchased an annual membership this year for my grandchildren. The museum hosts several events throughout the year in addition to just going through the museum. This year I took my grandson to the Night at the Museum which had so many movie themed characters from Star Wars, Iron Man, Thor, Indian Jones, etc. The characters pose for photos with all participants and autograph a memory booklet provided by the museum. The costumes were from a production company and the characters treated each person like they were special. My grandson LOVED it. We took all the photos and created a memory book. We have been back multiple times for other events but the Night at the Museum was the best!!!

1  Thank Angie N

Thank you so much for coming to Night at the Museum, but more importantly, for your support by being a member of the museum. We appreciate your kind words and we are thrilled to get to spend the year with you.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We took our two granddaughters to Tellus, expecting to spend an hour or two exploring the museum. From the moment we entered, we had to slow them down. They seemed intrigued by everything they saw. They were first drawn to the transportation exhibit. The earliest cars and motorbikes were fascinating until they saw the space exhibition. They could not stop talking about the intricacies of the controls and how little room the astronauts had. The mineral and gem collections were extensive. The opportunity to pan for precious stones and dig for ancient relics was also a hit. Things were going swimmingly until we got to the Planetarium.......
This was the lowest of the low. It was presented by a member of the staff of the museum. I am sure it was scripted, but half of the time, I wasn't sure if I was hearing a synopsis of Edith Hamilton's Mythology book or about the stars. I have a degree in Physics and she managed to confuse me to the point that I stopped listening. It was so disjointed that I finally understood why, in her opening remarks, she commented that her husband often fell asleep in there. I felt liberated when she ended. The Solar House was a big nothing. Everything was not working, nothing was labeled, just a bummer. If you avoid the last two attractions you are sure to have a wonderful and fun experience.

2  Thank Ilea G
TellusMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Tellus Science Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you so much for visiting Tellus! We are thrilled to hear your granddaughters enjoyed exploring the museum, but disappointed that the Planetarium and Solar House did not meet your expectations. We have forwarded your comments about the Planetarium staff member to the department head. In addition, we appreciate your feedback regarding the Solar House. We will revisit this exhibit to see how we can improve the visitor experience, as well as repair any non-working parts.

Thank you for spending your day with us. We hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

It was pretty fun. My best friend and I went and we are both in our 30s. The gem panning was my favorite, but I also in enjoyed the “in motion” section too. Yes there is even a kids section that we enjoyed.

TellusMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Tellus Science Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you so much for your 4 dot review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. If there is anything we can do to improve, please let us know. We hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Based on the reviews I read recently I had planned on coming when my grandson was staying the night. I live in Rome and decided to take him this morning. We both loved it!!. Compared to other museum/ exhibit prices this was a good price. He is 6 y/o 11.95 (3-17). 15.95 for adults... I believe that's correct . I purchased the Grandparent pass so I can take him as many times as he wants in this next year along with another adult of our choice. The best thing is that this pass allows entrance into hundreds across the country and even the Booth Western Museum in Cartersville. Since he lives in Alabama, I now have paid the entrance to the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center. I cannot recommend this enough! He loved the dinosaurs, panning for gems and finding fossils. Each child gets to bring the gems home that they find & 1 fossil of their choice and are shipped from Morocco. He loved the Robotics exhibit! Facility/ grounds are immaculate and staff are so nice. We will be back and I encourage everyone to go.

TellusMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Tellus Science Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

We are so excited that you'll be joining us for a whole year of FUN! Membership is definitely worth the price for all the benefits you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again soon.