“Great Experience!”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Cartersville, Georgia
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I am a frequent business traveler and generally stay in one place for months at a time. Michael and his staff are among the friendliest and most professional I have encountered. It is always nice to be greeted with smiling faces. Marie and her housekeeping staff do a top-notch job, comparable to much higher end hotels.
It is normal to have a great stay anywhere for one or two nights, but it is very unusual to have the same experience day in and day out over the long haul.
It is rare that I recommend any place I stay- not so in this case. I'm confident you will be as pleased as I have been.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My husband and I walked in to our non smoking room only to find that it reeked of smoke. The front desk clerk gave us another room. We unpacked and took a shower, and the room seemed very cold. The thermostat was not working. The front desk clerk gave us a 3rd room. We packed up all our stuff and moved again. Around midnight I went to the bathroom only to find that water was pouring out of the ceiling! Someone above us flooded their bathroom. We packed up all our stuff (again) and moved to a 4th room. We finally got in bed around 1 am. The next morning we asked for a refund but it was denied because we "had already stayed in the room.". We were told the awful stay we had was too bad.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Apryl L
Eufaula, Alabama
Reviewed 9 July 2011

If you are traveling with pets, this hotel does not accept them even though their national web-site states that they are pet friendly.We were harrassed by the staff our entire stay b/c we had our dogs with us. It began when I booked a single room online for 2 nights & when I arrived, I was told that the only thing they had was doubles. She stated that she didn't have any clean rooms & this was at 11:00pm. So she went to one room to make sure that it was clean & the lights wouldn't come on. So in the end, somehow she did find a single room. At check in, I told her that I had my dogs with me & she said that's fine, there's a fee & everything was okay. The next morning when I was leaving, a girl, who was in regular clothes, no name tag, started questioning us about our dogs. She said that pets were not allowed. I told her we were not told that. I went back in to get something from the room & heard her & the girl at the desk talking very loudly about me & my dogs. I went to the desk & they got quiet real quick. I told her that I was not told they did not accept pets. She said the girl was new & so she didn't know. So the next day when we were packing up,I walked out of my room with my dogs & all I heard was the housekeepers talking about me. When I went outside, one the housekeepers was standing at a car talking to some people & smoking & I heard her say something to the people in the car, who where not even employees, about me having dogs in the hotel! I contacted the corporate office & told them what happened & they sent my info to the owner. She sent me an email just letting me know that no they do not accept pets. The owner & the staff were all so unprofessional in dealing with this matter. So even though the web site states that they are pet friendly, they are individually owned & can make their own rules. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone even if you aren't traveling with pets. Obviously you can't stay there if your pets are with you.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Discdogs
MicrotelJasper, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
The owners of this hotel had resently changed the hotel policy to not allow pets after several rooms were badly damaged by pets. This reservation was made prior to the change in the policy and the staff allowed the guest to stay with her pets. What the guest took as "the staff talking about her" was the staff commuincating that we had made the exception to the policy change for this repeat guest. I personally dealt with the guest and explained the situation but she would not accept the explanation or apology.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 26 April 2011

After traveling for over 30 years and staying in hundreds of hotels across the United States, this hotel has to rate the lowest of any place I have seen in my life. I got stuck in this hotel that is run like a military base in the middle of an ice storm and from the beginning to end it was a nightmare. When I first arrived the "non-smoking" room had a bad odor of cigarette smoke so I requested a new room. I was traveling with several cats and so it was especially difficult dealing with the total lack of customer service. The worst thing that happened was my precious little baby cat died the first night I was staying at this hotel. The manager acted like she could care less and treated me rudely the entire time I was there. One night I requested towels and supplies for my room from the manager at the front desk (since it was not serviced every day by the housekeeping staff) and she refused to give them to me unless I went back upstairs and brought her the dirty towels. Almost every day, someone entered my room while I was gone. The second night I was there, the manager started screaming at the guests next to her room and demanded that they change their room. Keep in mind it was in the middle of a major ice storm. When I was leaving and filled up the luggage cart in my room, the manager called and demanded that I return the cart because "another guest wanted it." Total disrespect. The manager told me I talked to her staff too much and forbid me to speak to them. I still wonder what could have caused my precious cat to die here and will never know what happened. Stay away from this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Deerster
I have several issues with this review. The guest waited almost 5 months from her stay to write the review. As the Manager representing the management company, I have absolutley no knowledge of these events. I was present at the hotel and in constant contact with the hotel during the ice storm in December of 2010.

I will say that we have completely changed the management staff at this hotel since December and would encourage this and all guests to give our new management and front desk staff an opportunity to serve them! In future travels, please contact the management company if you have problems on the property that cannot be resolved on site. The management company name is always displayed on the ownership plaque that all franchise companies require. I wish we had had the opportunity to resolve this guests issues during the stay rather that hear about them online 5 months after the stay.
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 10 April 2011

After driving all day in heavy traffic from FL, I made a bad choice by deviating from 75. We got lost and it ended be more frustrating trying to find the Motel. It was fine once we got here. My suggestion is stay on 75 and pay more.

• Stayed April 2011