All reviews sports complex truck stop indoor pool oatmeal within walking distance awesome hotel microwave and refrigerator choice hotels bed was comfortable parking lot biscuits the breakfast area joyce baseball pet tv crystal
Reviewed 19 October 2015

My husband and I spent one night at this location a few nights ago. The facility is wonderful!

Upon arrival, I was somewhat confused because the Sleep Inn and Mainstay Suites is in the same building with one check in desk. The north end of this 3 story building is the Sleep Inn portion and the South end is Main Stay Suites. Both are part of choice hotels, but I've never seen 2 hotels in one building. Check in for both hotels is at the same desk.

My hubby and I stayed in the Sleep Inn portion of the building. We stayed in a standard King room. While checking in, I overheard the manager tell another guest that the hotel had been open for 15 days. The room was immaculate as was the rest of the building. Fresh paint, carpet, linens, etc... Our room was spacious with a King-size bed, 2 chairs with a small end table, a desk, a dresser with a microwave and small refrigerator. The TV has Direct TV which came with a channel guide. This made my husband's day because most hotels will tell you that "CBS is on channel 10" but you can't see what will be on for the evening. The bathroom has no tub. It has a huge shower with spotless ceramic looking tile. The only bad thing that I can say about this room is that the sink, toilet and shower are all in one room so it's hard to blow dry your hair when someone else is in the shower.

My husband and I stayed in room 322. This room was located directly across the street from a huge Love's Truck Stop. If you are a light sleeper, this may not be the side of the building for you and you should ask for an odd numbered room. My husband and I turned the A/C fan on so that it ran continuously and we slept well.

Breakfast was the normal food...sausage patties, some egg/cheese "patties," biscuits, pastries, 2 types of cereal, Belgian waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, juice, coffee, etc... The breakfast area has a lot of seating.

Across the street at the truck stop is a McDonalds and Subway. There is a Wendy's and Chick Fil-a within walking distance and I saw a sign stating that an Arby's will be coming to the area soon. My husband and I did have to drive 5 miles north up Interstate 75 to find a restaurant that was not fast food. We ate at a Chili's but I also remember seeing a Longhorn Steakhouse and Applebee's at this exit. I'm sure that eventually there will be more restaurants at this exit since there is a lot of construction going on nearby the hotel.

There is a huge sports complex (soccer, baseball, football) approximately 1/2 mile down the road. Directly behind the hotel is a Wakeboard Cable park.

This hotel is going to be a very busy location!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2015

The hotel opened last Thursday. We stayed Saturday night. We were the first family to stay in the room we were in. Of course, it was clean; beds were comfortable; and, to our surprise, there was no new-carpet smell. They did run out of breakfast foods (with the exception of waffles) early. That, in my opinion, is to be expected. The price was great considering how close it is to LakePoint. It was raining; but, many players/parents were walking to the fields (escaping the $5 parking fee). I think the Cartersville address that's on the website is confusing (since it is actually located in Emerson). I'm guessing getting a room there will be at a premium once folks realize it's open.

Room Tip: You can't see the baseball fields but you can (and we did) see the lake area
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family