“Good dim sum”

Ranked #12 of 60 Restaurants in Chamblee
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Canton House in Chamblee, Georgia we care deeply about the quality of our food and our service. Our extensive menu offers everything from Chinese Hot Pot to Sea Cucumber. Whether it is Lo Mein, Pan Fried Cantonese, Moo Goo Gai Pan, or any other favorite Chinese dish - We've got it! We use extremely high quality and authentic ingredients for all of our dishes. We serve beer, wine, and sake if you're looking to relax and have a drink with dinner. We also offer takeout for your convenience.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I have been in the mood for some good dumplings for a while. We came to Canton House for dim sum dinner. Plenty of variety on the rolling carts. You can also order off the menu. I love the shrimp steamed dumplings. They were yummy. I also had the chicken feet. They were also delicious served in a sweet & spicy sauce. They were large & meaty. Don't say yuck until you've tried it. And besides it tastes like chicken, oh it is chicken.

Management response:Responded 16 August 2017

Great to hear from you, Steven! Thanks a lot for the terrific review -- sounds like you really enjoyed everything, and I just hope we'll see you again soon for more chicken feet and everything else you loved!

Take care,

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Located on the multiethnic Buford Hwy about 2 miles inside the perimeter. This place has been here forever and you can see why. Canton House is clearly one of the best Dim Sum joints in Atlanta. Decorated in the classic kitchy style with lots shinny things and crystal chandeliers Canton House offers a wide variety of items off of their regular menu plus (as near as I can figure) Dim Sum every day for lunch and dinner. Prices are moderate between $2.50 and $5.00.... hard to be sure because orders are listed in Chinese and Dim Sum are calculated by dish size....a matter of trust. We averaged just over $4.00 per item and had just about everything they offered. Most of the clientele are Asian which is another good sign. Menu in English, Chinese and Vietnamese. A regular stop when Airbnb am in Atlanta.

Management response:Responded 11 August 2017

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! We pride ourselves on tasty and authentic dim sum, and we're happy you think ours is one of the best in Atlanta. Thank you for your kind words -- come back any time!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Very good food, nice staff, but caught in the 70's I got the Chicken and Snow peas and had one of there specialty soups. It was nice size portions and very good. I thought I was going to have some to take home but couldn't stop eating it. Prices are very reasonable. I will go out of my way to eat here again.

Management response:Responded 3 August 2017

Happy to hear you enjoyed it so much, William! Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review like this one, and for already planning to come back. We'll be glad to see you any time!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Canton house is one of my favorite places for dim sum. The food is consistently good. The food carts are timely and the variety is excellent.

Prices are average with any other dim sum restaurant.

Large restaurant with ample seating inside. Parking lot is small.

Management response:Responded 18 July 2017

Happy to hear you like coming here so much -- thanks a lot for the endorsement! Come see us again any time for more!

For the record, though, we recently expanded our parking lot by 55 spaces, in addition to the 95 spots we already had, so you shouldn't have trouble finding a spot any more. Thanks for bringing that up!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Great Chinese food, great restaurant in general.
Liked the ambient, the food and the restaurant, I recommend this place

Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

Miguel, I'm happy to have earned your endorsement -- thanks for being such a fan! I really appreciate the great review and I hope we'll see you again soon.