“Eclectic, and incredibly priced”
Review of Au Rendez-Vous

Au Rendez-Vous
Ranked #9 of 70 Restaurants in Chamblee
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We came here because our kids really wanted crepes. The menu was a little all over the place (dim sum, French, Italian) but that worked really well for us. The prices were unbelievably low. I actually asked some people if it was a tapas bar (when do you ever get salmon for $8). Service was really slow, but that was perhaps because there were only 2 people working. The waitress wad very polite but looked and smelled like she had a very late Saturday night. Our food was served on paper plates and the food was in foil wrapped paper trays which was a bit unexpected. Everything tasted lovely. I would most definitely go back.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We returned to this restaurant on a recent visit to Atlanta. Very reasonable prices for French cuisine with bottles of wine priced under $30. Don’t miss the escargot or the shrimp dumplings appetizers. Located in a small house on a busy road, there is parking in front or next door. Great service. We will be back

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Been craving crepes for a few days, so my friends and I decided to check out this little French restaurant. Between us, we had the salmon and chicken crepes, which were good but not exactly what I was expecting. I've only ever had the crepe folded into a triangle, but this was more of a roll up. Tasty and the price was good. We also had the dessert crepes with Nutella and berries and then the maple syrup with pistachio. Both good, but maybe a little too much brandy in the sauce. My friend wasn't able to finish her dessert crepe because it was so boozy. But I enjoyed mine. The building is a little random and you might miss it on the first pass. Waitress was nice but not very talkative.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

This quaint little restaurant is located in a nondescript gray house on Clairmont Rd across from PDK( local small craft airport). There is little parking in front but more in the back and in front of the house next door. Don't mind your first impression as you step into the space. Someone will say hello to you very soon. There are a number of small tables in three niche spaces and a few on the deck. But sit down and prepare to enjoy a beautiful meal and believe yourself to be in a small village some place in France. I was drawn at first because I read their menu on line and was intrigued to see escargot for $5.00. So I had to indulge and have done so every time I return which is often. The six critters are baked in a typical crock and filled with sumptuous garlic butter and herbs. They serve savory and sweet crepes. The savory are filled with spinach, mushrooms and cheese plus your choice of shrimp, salmon, chicken or vegetables. Salads are cool and crisp and dressed to perfection. They serve real french bread* note*. bread and butter charge is waived if you order the escargot as it comes with french bread. I just ask for some butter . But order it anyway, it is well worth it. other offerings include croque monsieur, mussels, Gratin de St Jacques, pate, duck rillette, and every French entree you could dream of.They have a divine dessert menu
which includes flan, creme brule, ice cream and crepes filled with berries,Nutella, and other wonderful add-ons. Entrees run $8.00 - $12.50 and that is for the rabbit. It's not fancy but it is delicious and will not break the bank. They offer wine and they do have a small corkage fee.

1  Thank actoreye
Reviewed 1 October 2017

What are you doing tonight? If you want a cheap date at a terrific restaurant go to Au-Rendez. When you pull up to the parking lot you might scratch your head and ask yourself what this guy in trip advisor was talking about.

First of all the house was redecorated and it was done by somebody that knew what they were doing, and cared about the final result. My wife and I settled in and the warmth of decor put us both in a great mood. It is a nice place.

My wife had Cocque Monsieur and I had Pollet Franchard. Both were excellent. You'll have to go there to see how good it was and how many items are on the menu.

I saved room for dessert and had crepes dish with fresh fruit and chocolate and ...

My wife had custard with cranberries.

We are very happy that we found this place. It is near Buford Highway (Atlanta's International thoroughfare). My wife is Asian and we normally end up at a restaurant on that road.

This restaurant impressed us and is close to the International strip. The prices are very reasonable. The location is on Clairmont Rd. across the street from the Dekalb County library. (Chamblee Branch)

So I will ask you again - Do you want a very good meal at a great price?

Enjoy!