“Great Find - Taiwan and Fuzho - Chinese Food!”
Review of Golden Bbq

Golden Bbq
Ranked #39 of 60 Restaurants in Chamblee
Reviewed 22 February 2016

I recently had lunch here with 5 friends and we all agreed that this is a great little restaurant for food from Taiwan and the Fuzho region of China.

* Menu variety: There are lots of different types of dishes all of which are at very reasonable prices.

* Food - Taste: We ate family style which allowed us to enjoy lots of items off of the menu - the beef cakes, soy soup, pork buns, dumplings (of which we had 3 different types) were all very good. The food has a great taste, is freshly made and promptly server.

Notes:
* I am deferring to some of my friends, 2 from Taiwan and 1 from Fuzho, as to the authenticity of the food.
* One of my friends from Taiwan stated that this restaurant served some of his favorite dishes from home.

Price: The value here is great. Lunch was under $60 for 6 of us and we really ordered too much food. Many of the dishes we shared were appetizers priced under $5 each. Soups (we had 3) were under $7 each.

Atmosphere: This is not a fancy restaurant - expect simple tables surroundings as is the case with many restaurants on Buford Highway.

Service: The people working here / owners are very nice and my friends had a very good time talking with them.

Bottom line: Great tasting food at a low price. I am looking forward to my return visit!

Reviewed 21 September 2015

The food at Golden BBQ was a complete let down. We wanted to use our cheat meal on some good chinese food and were not impressed by Golden BBQ. We ordered the Mongolian Beef ( this was okay, but still nothing special), the Pork Sweet and Sour (the flavoring was off and did not have anything to do with sweet or sour), and the fried pork noodles (these were just crunchy thin noodles with a weird topping we did not enjoy). Definitely not going back here in the future!

1  Thank JmPOW
Reviewed 25 June 2015

Golden BBQ is a Cantonese and dim sum restaurant located on Buford Highway in the Orient Center with other shops such as Penang, Viet Tofu, and Hoa Binh. We got seated in the back of the restaurant in their private dining room. The back was pretty big and it fit all of us (about 30+ people) comfortably with room to spare. Their main dining room is fairly small. Nothing much to their decoration and it just seems like your typical Chinese restaurant.

They serve both authentic Cantonese dishes as well as dim sum. Since this place is fairly small, they don't have the push carts. Instead they make it fresh to order. I prefer that better. Dim sum is served during the daytime hours (10:30-4:00pm) so we didn't have a chance to try it since our UYE was during the dinner time. Nevertheless, we had an awesome time and their dishes were fantastic!

Each table ordered different items and here are some of my favorite items from my table:
- Dry Beef Chow Fun
A very traditional Cantonese dish and it usually comes with wide rice noodles stir-fried with beef, bean sprouts, and scallions. This place did an excellent job with this dish. They definitely weren't stingy with the amount of beef they added to the dish either.

- Salt and Pepper Shrimp
I absolutely love this dish! Some places make it taste really funky but not here at Golden BBQ. Done perfectly with the shell still on there. Perfect amount of spice and pepper. Since they flash fry the shrimp with the shell still on, it's perfectly fine to eat it with the shell still on there. That's how I prefer to eat them because I love the crunch. However, some people don't like to eat the shell and it tastes just fine without it.

- Sha Cha Beef w. Cellophone Noodles
This dish is under the Casserole section. It's a little soupy and comes with lamb, some vegetables, and clear noodles. This dish was one of the last one we decided on getting, almost didn't make the cut, but I'm glad we got it. Very good dish!

- Sizzling Beef
Served on a sizzling hot iron skillet. It came with thick, juicy beef cuts with bell peppers and onions. I'm allergic to bell peppers so I had to pick out the beef and onions to eat, but those parts were good.

- Taro soup?
I think that's what it was called. It came at the end of our meal and served as a small dessert. It was a light and a little sweet. I really enjoyed it.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food came out fast, hot, and good. There really wasn't anything that wasn't good from what we ordered. I highly recommend this place if you're looking for some good, authentic Chinese food.

1  Thank Belinda M