Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$102
eDreamsUS$102
Agoda.comUS$102
TripadvisorUS$102
All reviews rocking chairs black cat couple of nights americana room comfortable place to stay single night friendly owner front porch small kitchenette downtown clayton enjoyed our stay short drive bed was comfortable midnight frank mountains cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

I recently stayed here, In fact I stayed in the americana room. Like many of the other ratings and reviews there’s a lot of good to say such as cleanliness, friendliness of staff, overall functionality of the room. The rooms were probably dating back to the 60s, cinderblock construction, You wouldn’t really know that other than being in the bathroom or being observant to the outside. I think this is what contributed to the musty smell of the room which simply would not go away. The air conditioner didn’t really help, open in the window what’s the best bet but that’s also what what’s in more noise. They need a dehumidifier to be running in this room or else they have a bigger problem on our hands. The other issue I had with the room was the bed, it was actually very comfortable for one person. But for two people any time the other person moved the entire bed moved, it was like the magic fingers function and Hotels of old if anybody remembers that.

These are reasons I really wouldn’t recommend this room, maybe other rooms at this place don’t have these issues.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Frank Lastra, Owner at Mountain Aire Cottages & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2021

Hi Ohio2635, I'm very sorry you were not so comfortable in the bed. Yes, it's a tall queen sleigh bed and I have a 3-inch foam topper on it. Some people like the foam and some not so much. Unfortunately, there's no way to satisfy everyone equally. I am always available to remove it if the guests will notify me. As to the musty smell, I am happy to say that I have completely torn out all the carpeting and replaced it with all new vinyl plank woodgrain flooring. This has completely eliminated the mustiness! It didn't happen often but did occur on occasion. Anyway, now it's not an issue.
I hope you will give us another chance to host you to your complete satisfaction! Thanks!
Frank

Reviewed 26 November 2019 via mobile

Mountain Aire Cottages & Inn is a quaint, comfortable place to stay. Frank, the owner, was very helpful and friendly. So was Midnight, the cat. He couldn’t come in my room but he hung out on the porch waiting for me.

I didn’t expect modern because of the location and was looking to stay somewhere more rustic. I was not disappointed. The decor was interesting and homey. The bed was comfortable and the kitchenette was stocked with dishes, glasses, flatware, etc. There were extra blankets which came in handy because I like my room cooler and being under blankets. It was so cozy! The location was perfect. Less than one mile to where I ate dinner. I’m looking forward to going back!!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Frank L, Owner at Mountain Aire Cottages & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and I'll be happy to serve you again on your next visit! Blessings,
Frank - Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 16 September 2019

This was one of our favorite places on our trip to GA/NC and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Beautiful setting, nice clean rooms, wonderful/friendly owner, and a black cat I loved! We were lucky enough to meet Frank's very cute and friendly family as well. A pleasant walk to downtown with nice shops and tasty restaurants! Next time we plan to stay a couple of nights.
Thank you Frank! Your place shows the work you put into it and pride of ownership. We really enjoyed our stay with you!

Date of stay: September 2019
FrankL3713, Owner at Mountain Aire Cottages & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Thank you so much! Yes, I had a lot of my family here for my younger daughter's wedding, so I'm pleased you got to meet them. The kids really enjoyed meeting you! Come back soon, Midnight the cat (and I) are waiting!
Frank

Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

We only stayed for a single night but wished we could stay for longer! We were greeted by the owner Fred who is such a friendly and helpful soul. The rooms are comfy, very clean, and even have a small kitchenette for traveling comfort. One of our favorite memories was enjoying sitting on the rocking chairs in the morning watching the mountain fog swirl as we sipped coffee we picked up at the nearby town less than 5min away. Thanks for a great night’s stay!

Date of stay: September 2019
FrankL3713, Owner at Mountain Aire Cottages & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2019

Thank you so much for your kind review! I was pleased to have you as my guest, and very much look forward to your soon return. Clayton is a lovely and friendly town, and I'm glad you had the brief opportunity to get to know a little bit about it.
Frank Lastra - Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 8 August 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed our time in the mountains while staying at Mountain Aire. The rooms were clean and the owner was friendly. Mountain Aire is conveniently located near the downtown Clayton area with great shops and restaurants. Many other attractions were conveniently located a short drive away. While Mountain Aire is not a luxury resort, it has a wonderful sit on the front porch and enjoy nature atmosphere.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
FrankL3713, Owner at Mountain Aire Cottages & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2019

Thank you for your kind review. I offer a Comfortable, Cozy Charm, in the mountains.