Reviewed 2 April 2018

My partner has friends that live locally and they took us down to walk around the site. We visited the temple. The place is stunning and you certainly would not expect to find such a place in a place like this. But they are a great fit for each other!

1  Thank AnthonyHayllar
in 3 reviews
"on site"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I stayed for a week and had a sublime experience. People were friendly, calm and quiet. I loved the fact that no-one was checking their phones. The food was simple, delicious and healthy, vegetables organically grown on site. I helped out a bit in the gardens and was made to feel very welcome. The cafe is superb and I read 3 books during the week. The retreat centre had comfortable, warm and simple rooms, perfect for quiet reflection. I absolutely love this place and will return, hopefully, many times.

2  Thank C5125MQinfo
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Food standards declining to very poor.
Never were great but acceptable for purpose.
Recent stays Cheese & PotatoPie, next day Baked jacket Potato with Grated Cheese
Hardly imaginative.
Soy Sauce, Chilli Sauce, Salt Pepper etc etc on tables to at least add some flavour to the very meagre fare!

3  Thank seamusmolloy
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We visited this place whilst staying in Dumfries. It took approx 40 mins to drive here from Dumfries town centre. The Samye Ling is a perfect place to gather your thoughts and reflect. The buildings are lovely to look at and the grounds are well maintained. The kids enjoyed exploring the grounds and they have a tea room and shop onsite as well. There is plenty of free parking on site. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

2  Thank MrDonMac
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I could write for hours but I'm too tired! After 8 days on meditation retreat this place has really hit me like a tonne of bricks now I'm home.. it's so magical. Where else can you go where everything you encounter is beautiful.

The scenery is beautiful
The buildings are beautiful
The food is beautiful
The weather is beautiful, somehow even when raining!
The people, are so beautiful inside out

I'd recommend everyone stay for at least a few days, and emerse yourself in the place, even if you aren't religious, in fact even better!

Love you all and I will be back soon...!

1  Thank Lucas S

Travellers who viewed Kagyu Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist Monastery and Centre for World Peace and Health also viewed

Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
Gretna Green, Dumfries and Galloway

Dalbeattie, Dumfries and Galloway

Been to Kagyu Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist Monastery and Centre for World Peace and Health? Share your experiences!