“All I can say is IMPRESSIVE!!!”

National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center
Ranked #1 of 50 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Infantry Museum emphasizes the values that define the Infantryman, as well as the nation he protects: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. It preserves and displays one of the greatest collections of military artifacts in the world, but it is a museum of people, not things. As a visitor, you will meet the Infantryman face to face and join him on his journey. You will come to understand why an Infantryman does what he does, why he puts himself in harm’s way in defense of an idea and you will leave transformed, just as the Infantry transforms the man into the Soldier. The 190,000-square-foot museum opened in June 2009 on a 200-acre tract of hardwoods and pines just outside the gates of the Fort Benning Maneuver Center of Excellence.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Truly a collection to honor our men and women in service. Honor and respect in everything there. It made me proud to be an American.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Obviously this place is expected to have a lot of weapons, uniforms etc and it is all there. But they also tried to show the spirit of the times, put it into the historical context, express what the soldiers were going through and I think they did it very well.

And, yes, it's a free museum (a $5 donation is suggested but not required), so can't be more affordable.

One tip - you'll have to pass through some airport style security check (light version), so to save time - leave all stuff you don't need in your car.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

A lot so see, so plan on spending some time here. Realistic displays. Very educational, learned some things that I was not aware of. Do wear comfortable shoes, a lot of walking and standing. A must see.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited this along with our son who had just graduated from OCS and his wife and her parents. I must say it was a wonderful experience and learning experience. The admission is free but they do ask for a donation and there is a security check at the door. It was inspiring to go through the OCS Hall of Fame and humbling to go through the different history rooms in the lower level.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely time visiting the museum. We were at the museum for graduation and decided to spend the day there while waiting for our soldier. I love the entrance ramp with all the different war scenes. I loved the WWII exhibit, and the Armor division part was so cool too. We ate at the restaurant for lunch and it was quite good.