“Margaritas and chicken ”

El Sombrero Mexican
Ranked #26 of 51 Restaurants in Cornelia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I love the Sunset Salad. Chicken is tender and comes on top of spinach and avocado. The margaritas are a little strong- caution.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

We have recently moved to Northeast Georgia from the Atlanta suburbs. We have tried most of the local Mexican restaurants and consider this one to be the best. The pork is especially good. I also enjoy a big bowl of the tortilla soup on a cold winter day.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I went with my daughter and grandson to eat there last week. It was not a good night. The food was cold and the service wasn't any good either. And they weren't that busy. My beans were ice cold and my fajitas were not even sizzling in the dish. Couldn't even eat it. But they didn't seem to care or even want to make it right. Will not be eating there again.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

I usually meet friends here for lunch when I am in town. The last couple times we ate here, the food was definitely 'less impressive'. One of my usual add on's is the 'chile relleno'. Apparently the El Sombrero cooks don't know a poblano from a plain green 'bell' pepper because on my last visit I got a horizontally cut strip of green pepper under a small puddle of melted cheese. We will just go elsewhere from now on.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

don't always like the American spin on Mexican food -- would prefer authentic. but the was a good treat to the average Mexican restaurants around. ate the Acapulco cheese steak and substituted for chicken. very well prepared. good service and reasonably priced.