All reviews hiker hostel bunk room shuttle service oatmeal fire pit eco cabin small house marta station fully equipped kitchen fries hiking trip springer mountain great deck awesome stay nearby town main floor each morning
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I did an overnight with a girlfriend and had a great stay. The bed was very comfortable; the grounds were beautiful; the staff was super friendly - even took us for a tour of the grounds; and the morning coffee was tasty. I'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
ElizaJ192, Marketing at Barefoot Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to visit soon! Fall is a great time to plan a trip with some girlfriends to enjoy the autumn mountain weather, go wine tasting, take some beautiful hikes, and/or shop around town.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I stayed here after completing my AT thru hike and had a wonderful experience. The staff was attentive and the facilities were immaculate. The hiker bunk room was the best I've ever stayed in. The price was more than fair for the experience I had!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Eliza J, Marketing at Barefoot Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you so much for the review, and congratulations on completing your thru hike! We are so glad you enjoyed staying in our bunk room and hope you will return to Barefoot Hills the next time you are hiking in the area.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

So Peaceful & Serene!! Beautiful space. Beautifully decorated cabins. The staff were more than friendly & attentive. The other Guest were friendly & engaging as well, as we all chatted around the campfire. No complaints. Can’t wait to go back!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We took a group of coworkers (our creatives) up for a retreat. We couldn't have asked for a better location or more accommodating staff. The spaces were great (especially the eco-cabins), and there wasn't anything that hadn't been thought of or taken care of.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Eliza J, Marketing at Barefoot Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for the review, and we are so glad you had a great stay at Barefoot Hills! We enjoy having group retreats and think it is a wonderful way to get away from the office for a few days with the team. We would love for you to return for your next event or if you are in need of a mountain getaway with family or friends!

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We were passing through on our way to the Atlanta airport and decided to stay close to the mountains and do some hiking the next morning since our flight was late the next day. I chose Barefoot Hills because my husband wanted to stay in a cabin. I didn't realize I was signing up for an "Eco Cabin". It was very cute, clean and comfortable. The surroundings were peaceful. My husband loved the concept of the eco-cabin and wants to build a few at our ranch in Texas. Peter was very helpful with recommendations on where to eat in Dahlonega and where to go hiking. We loved our stay.

Room Tip: I like the privacy and small patio on the eco-cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vbl00m
Eliza J, Marketing at Barefoot Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for the review! We are so glad you got to spend a night with us and enjoy some hiking Our Eco Cabins are a very popular, unique experience for our guests, and it's so nice to see they are an inspiration as well! If you are ever traveling through the area or in need of an escape to the mountains, please come back and see us!