“Has to be award-winning BBQ! Great brisket, ribs & sides.”

Smoking Gold Barbeque
Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Good BBQ atmosphere and wait staff. Food is super - great brisket, ribs, & sides. Variety is important and these folks have good choices. Will definitely visit there again.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

I love the smoker they put outside to draw you in. It smells like hickory coals and makes your mouth water a bit. It certainly drew us in for a lunch bite on a sunny afternoon.

The staff is super friendly and the food was very tasty. I love a good Memphis style barbecue but this was a little different and I savored every bite, at least until I was done and wished I had a little more. I was a little surprised at the portion size. When our dishes arrived we both looked at each other with a bit of a surprise. Especially at $11-$12 per plate (basket).Very, very small. I'm an average sized guy and my girlfriend is normal, as well. We both left a little hungry. So, though the taste and service were nearly 5-Star, I never like to walk out hungry from a meal. I probably won't be back unless I hear they've increased their portions by at least 1/3.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Stopped here for lunch while in Dahlonega, and had a burnt tips sandwich with a side and drinks, the food was tasty and the service was friendly, but the place really needed a spruce up, still it was better than some chains I have been in hence the V.Good rating

Reviewed 7 July 2016

I was walking around Dahlonega and then I was hungry. I saw this big BB Q Banner and went and got some pulled pork and some brisket. I had potato salad and coleslaw on sides. May ask me which sauce I would like and I said I don't know so they gave me three sauces to try. All the sauces were good along with the meats that I got. And also the potato salad and coleslaw was very good. The price was reasonable also. And the people that work there were very friendly and helpful. I'll go back again whenever I'm back Dahlonega

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

After a walk about town we headed to the restaurant attracted by the wonderful smell of cooking meat. The restaurant is an old gas station with indoor and outdoor seating. The service was prompt and the food good. I had a pork sandwich with potato salad and my wife had a chicken sandwich with Mac n cheese. The meat was delicious along with the sides. There are number of selections and sides to choose from sandwiches to combination plates.

The location is easy to walk to and is about a block from the town square. They do not serve alcohol, but the sweet tea hit the spot. So if you are in town, make a stop here and enjoy some fine BBQ.

Been to Smoking Gold Barbeque? Share your experiences!