“Not Gu's, but will work.”
Review of Good Luck Gourmet

Good Luck Gourmet
Ranked #13 of 66 Restaurants in Doraville
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

We were frequent visitor's at Gu's bistro and they closed. In their place is this one. Over all the food is similar, but no mixed hot pot at all. Same cold noodles and pork dumplings, which were excellent and spicy. I ordered the dry hot pot with pork belly. Very dry and had way too many potatoes. Hubby's Singapore street noodles were good, but needed curry. Hot and sour soup was the best I've ever had. We will come again and I'll continue to try new items and give feedback. Worth a trip.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

I had dinner here last week with some local and non-local colleagues while we were in town for a trade show. Our local friends suggested it, and for great reason. This food is amazingly authentic and delicious for Szechuan cuisine!

I am a fan of this style of Chinese cooking, having a propensity for spicy and full-flavored dishes. The nice folks at Good Luck really do it well, and by the smiles and enthusiasm of their table service they are obviously proud of their food.

We were 8-9 folks at a big round table, and we ordered several dishes of varying ingredients and styles, with all of them being fresh and flavorful and different levels of spiciness. We brought our own wines to compliment the dishes, with mostly white wines and a few fruity reds to match the spice.

Favorites were Chengdu cold noodles, Xi'an style steamed mutton (lamb & bread soup), cumin lamb, and dry-chile chicken. And dumplings...don't forget the dumplings!

Reviewed 24 August 2015

The food was delicious from the Shaanxi area of China and the spicy Sichuan food.
I loved their "spicy shrimp" and their "garlicky noodles". They were perfect and a large quantity of what you ordered. You can tell they are using nothing but fresh ingredients.
One of the most pleasant parts of the dinner was the wait staff. They were pleasant and helpful in describing the taste and ingredients of items we were not familiar with.

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

Read about this place in ATL magazine... Arrived and was surprised how simple establishment was but the food was out of this world ... AMAZING flavors ... Zesty Szechuan style cooking worth driving to over and over... Enjoy

Reviewed 22 July 2015

I didn't care for this restaurant when it was Gu's and it hasn't improved with new ownership. To say the service is slow is an understatement.There only seemed to be one waiter for the entire restaurant. My party had about 14 people so this was something of a problem. My order was fairly simple - chengdu dumplings and pork and garlic sauce. I didn't get my dumplings until everyone else had received their entire orders. When my entree arrived, it was wrong. There was no sense of urgency in bringing me what I actually ordered. When inquired the waiter copped an attitude and told me, "it's coming." Well so is Christmas 2040. One member of the party returned her food because it was too salty. Her replacement meal didn't come any more quickly.

There seemed to be no hope of getting my bill in a timely fashion so I walked over to the register. The meal was supposed to be 20% off as a grand opening special. When I pointed out that I wasn't given the discount the same rude waiter argued the point with me. Ultimately he reprinted the bill with the discount. His tip reflected my displeasure.

I don't know what it is about this location but I have yet to have a satisfactory dining experience. There are too many good places to eat to waste your time with this one.