“Great soup and sandwich”
Review of La Madeleine

La Madeleine
Ranked #19 of 441 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

We shared the special which was a turkey with dressing and cranberry on cranberry bread. It had two sides so my wife had the salad and me the tomato soup which is awesome. For $11 bucks for us both it was a great deal and we were both full.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

Excellent food however there is no structure to how your food is delivered. Food is ordered cafe style and you are given a wooden spoon and have to find seating. They bring your food and take the spoon without even confirming its your order. I walked my order up to inform it was incorrect. I gave them receipt and showed them where I was sitting so they would bring it to right table. Long story short, in that time my spoon had been recycled thru the line so my food went to another table again. I will only return again if there are less than 2 other people in the restaurant or to just buy baked goods. FYI coconut cake is terrific!

Reviewed 11 September 2015

I previously dined at this restaurant on a regular basis back in the late 1990's and in early 2000. I recently visited it after a long absence and found it to be just as quaint and enjoyable as it was 15 years ago. I had forgotten about the fireplace in the center of the dining area, and although it was not burning in the summer, it still added a pleasant ambiance to the room. The food was as yummy as I remembered when previously living in the area. And the coconut cake with a cream center was the bomb! It was so delicious, I may come back and purchase an entire cake for the Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 5 July 2015

I took off 1 point due to confusion when order was placed. I brought 5 friends over raving about their food. But there was so much confusion about the order, it kind of ruin the ambience. The order taker was not fully trained. Everyone was very nice though. My friends loved what they ordered. They enjoyed their salads, free bread and jam. I eat here about once a week. They have the best salads.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

Recently had dinner here with a group. Everyone was confused with their ordering. After we ordered, paid, and we're seated waiting for our food, cook came to out table to say they were out of Salmon. Hm. For part of our party, their orders were 'misplaced'! Staff were not very familiar with their own menu.