“nice surprise”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Wonderful lunch here yesterday and we will go back today. Only complaint yesterday was that to entrees were only lukewarm. However salads and soups were outstanding.
Pleasant atmosphere and delicious desserts.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Excellent food! My family and I ate lunch there two days in a row. The food is fresh and delicious and the atmosphere is charming.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Visited several times, always good. Love the atmosphere and combo meals, soup and salad, soup and half a sandwich, always above expectations.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

This is an awesome bakery and café. The first thing I noticed was the delicious aroma that wafts out to the parking lot because of all the fresh baking happening inside. The second thing that caught my eye were the sweets in the display case up front. Had it not been breakfast that we were there for I would have wanted one of everything. It all looked so good. I managed to pull myself away and got a quiche instead, along with a potato side item (I am so sorry I’m blanking on the name). The quiche was delicious. The crust was flaky and buttery, the filling was velvety and rich in all the right ways. Such a good choice for a filling breakfast. The potato cake was a cross between a well done hash brown and a latke. Suffice it to say it was also quite good. La Madeline does French cuisine justice as far as I’m concerned. Definitely recommend stopping in for a snack from the bakery or trying anything from their café.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Always, always visit this restaurant when in Duluth. We had the country french breakfast and crepe romanoff. Food is great. We visited at lunch time and though they were very busy, the service was very good.

Been to La Madeleine? Share your experiences!