“Great as always”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 462 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Medlock Bridge Road
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

This location does a great job. I love a rare ribeye with blue cheese crust or prime rib. My wife loves their filet. Au gratin potatoes or sweet potatoes are a must- don't waste your side item on a baked potato you could get anywhere. Rolls great. Danish blue salad great. Service is impeccable as always. I usually book on OpenTable. They have lost my reservation before but have found me a table within five minutes each time. One Valentine's Day they comped my wife and I our entire meal because "they were embarrassed by the amount of time it took them" to bring out our entrees. We didn't even notice and had barely finished our appetizer. They seriously go above and beyond. 10/10 well worth the money and much better than Ruth's Chris IMO

2  Thank Alex E

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Went to have steak for our anniversary. The filet was tender and juicy and cooked medium well like I like it. My husband had a NY Strip. It was tender and juicy and cooked like he likes it medium rare. We had baked potato and garlic mashed as sides and split a Caesar salad. We also had the spinach dip appetizer. Again it was delicious. Good wine and beer selections. Our server Abby was great. She made our evening very special. She brought us a special chocolate cake for dessert and some prosecco. She made our celebration very special!!

2  Thank Boiler86
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Decided to take my wife here for dinner. The French Onion soup was good as was her salad. She had a filet and I had the NY Strip. Both were good but not the best I've ever had. She had the loaded potato and I had potatoes casserole. For the desert we split a creme brûlée. All was solid.

1  Thank Billy C
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite restaurants, the food itself was great (except the dessert), however the timing was horrible. Our appetizer arrived at the same time as our soup and salad. And the steaks arrived before we were done with the salad. We felt totally rush at a restaurant that felt like dining at a fast food restaurant. The timing killed the experience for my birthday dinner, timing is everything! We felt totally rushed!

1  Thank perezfabig
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Tried this out based on coworkers recommendations. Was not disappointed. Service by Curtis was first class. Great atmosphere and the food... Wow. Try the deviled eggs. Follow up with a wedge salad. Top it off with the espresso steak and loaded baked potato. The meal was amazing! Don't miss the opportunity to taste the offerings of this Atlanta gem!

1  Thank jamesrC2669HA