“authentic”

Jang Su Jang
Ranked #16 of 482 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I had dinner there. I was really impressed with the meal, delicious and authentic. The meal was served at the right time, it didn't take too long or wasn't too quickly. Customer service was amazing. I will come back again.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I am Korean. I was raised by the best cook (my mom) and served as a tour guide in the US and lived in NYC - that is to say that I’ve tasted great many Korean restaurants in this country. Also, I am very picky and choosy when it comes to eating and reviewing. This is the second time I came to Jang Su Jang. I am very much aware that there are numerous Korean restaurants in Duluth. But I came here the second time without being willing to try the others - it’s THE one if you want to try authentic and high quality Korean food. Everything they make is EXCELLENT. Side dishes are not deceiving for foreigners. They are exquisite and so well prepared. All the dishes I’ve tried with my big family (my husband and 4 children) have been WOW. And I don’t usually say this sort of praise. This restaurant would have been successful in downtown Seoul, or NYC.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I had the mixed soon tofu and it was so good! Served in a hot pot, and it stayed warm until the very end, so I enjoyed every bite! We also ordered the seafood pancake to share. It was crispy and delicious! We had a child in tow, and they don't have kids menu options, but our daughter usually fills up with rice and bean sprouts so it's not a huge problem for us. Service was excellent.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Had dinner here with friends. We split several dishes, the seafood pancake which was amazing, the bossam wraps, which were really good, and one of the rice bowls with seafood, which was really good but spicy. Could have eaten the seafood pancake on my own. Service was very good. There's the button that you will find at most Korean restaurants, but we seemed to be the only people using our button. It it a little expensive, but no more than most Korean restaurants.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We usually go to Book Chang Dong Tofu House or Cho Won for the BBQ buffet, but wanted to try a different place. We brought 2 other couples with us for a Sunday lunch.

First we had trouble finding the place because the sign was in Korean. Then we had wait just a little. They put us in the section on the left front of the restaurant. The sound insulation was terrible. We kept hearing dishes clanging together as the bus boy cleared some tables. It was very annoying.

The menu was huge, and we had questions. The waitstaff spoke minimal English, so she got the manager over to help us. We ordered Tofu pot and Galbi combo ($22.99), bulgogi ($17.99) and bibimpab. They were ok. A friend ordered some noodle dish that she raved about. The portions were big, but the prices were high too. At the end of the meal, they served us a small yogurt drink, which was a nice touch.

Date of visit: August 2017