Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place
US$135
US$229
US$159
EmbassySuites.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Duluth(Duluth)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$109
Best Western Gwinnett Center Hotel(Duluth)(Great Value!)
US$85
BestWestern.com
Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta(Duluth)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$104
US$94
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsbasketball courtliving roomfull kitcheneating breakfastrooms are greatmy family and i stayed herestayed longerlounge areashort driveroom was clean and comfortablefree breakfaststaff was very friendlyparking lotpropertyatlantabldgskatina
Reviewed 13 March 2017

This hotel is in close proximity to the location where I have to take classes for work. It is walking distance to several restaurants in the area, and only a short drive to the mall. It is evident that the public areas of the property have been updated and are well maintained. The staff is friendly, for the most part, and they answered all of my questions with a smile. The complimentary breakfast is quite a bit more than what you might see at some other hotels in the area, and I greatly appreciate not having to drive somewhere to get breakfast before class begins at 8am.

I have stayed here twice over the past year and in both instances, I noticed that the rooms need some attention. In both rooms, the paint on the ceiling of the bathrooms is peeling, and the carpet needs to be replaced. The sinks in the bathroom are slow to drain. As a side note, I would mention that there is NO LOTION or body wash provided in the room, there is only shampoo and conditioner. (As a frequent traveler, I am accustomed to Marriott properties having body wash and lotion.) The bar soaps are EXTREMELY drying to the skin, so take your own.

Someone at Marriott needs to allocate additional funds to this property or it will lose business. I am considering staying at the hotel directly across the street when I return for class in the Fall.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Anastasia L
Jim F, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable, and will be shared with the team members.
Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth Gwinnett Place. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Great property, updated, extremely close to I85, amazing staff!
Starting with the GM Jim and his manager Katina, the entire staff made me feel like I was home for over a month. Breakfast every morning, and "happy hour's" Mon-Wed make for a great way to meet others.
Will definitely be back often!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place on Jan 10, 2017 and was bitten by bed bugs! Multiple bites! Major infestation. No happy about this at all. The GM had the insurance adjuster contact me to reimburse for medical care so hopefully I will get this.

I have asked for bonus points. LOTS of bonus points but have gotten no response as of today.

I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Jim F, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

We were there for three nights over Thanksgiving Weekend. We traveled from Jacksonville, FL to visit family. My sister & her family arrived the night before from Lowell, MA. I requested top floor for all of us, which we did receive but I didn't realize we would be in different bldgs.

Staff was professional & courteous.. Breakfast was plentiful. It was very crowded when we went for breakfast but the conference room was opened up for extra seating for guests. I loved that since it gave me more room to spread out the newspaper to read while I was eating breakfast & sipping on coffee. I noticed there are no more little creamers. Now there's a pitcher of cream. I much preferred the little creamers (from previous visits to other Residence Inns) b/c I always chose the hazelnut ones. Must be a corporate decision.

My sweetie was hoping for grits but we did not see it offered on any of the mornings we were there.

We had a two bedroom/two bath suite which made it nice having the 2nd bathroom. The furnishings are dated & dresser drawers were difficult to open. I used the kitchen & baked an apple pie. I find it not energy efficient to have the fridge right next to the stove. This place also doesn't recycle (which I was hoping for).

I liked my elite gift upon arrival, a large bottle of water (not the minis).

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Jim F, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2016

mayinfl,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay at the Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place. We are excited that you have found our accommodations pleasant and enjoyable for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again during the Christmas holiday!

Happy Holiday's!

Deven Spaulding
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I have stayed at a lot of Residence Inns across the country and this property does not live up to the brand. I would put it more in the category of Towne Place Suites (not to put down TPS). Over 3 weeks, I moved into 3 different rooms at my request. Room #1 had a smell that would not go away - originally thought it was a cooking smell but after a day and no lessening of the odor, I had to change. And, the garbage disposal did not work in that room. Room #2 lasted for 2 days until I needed to leave on another trip. During my brief stay in this room, it locked me out (battery in the key system ran out and needed to be replaced) - seems that the cleaning staff would alert someone when the red light flashes on the key pad (came to find out that the red light indicates "change the battery"!). Final straw was that the temperature regulator in the shower was faulty - the final morning the water was so hot - even if you put the selector in the cold position - it was difficult to shower (another member of our group had a similar situation in her room). When I returned to this location after a quick trip to Chicago and a wonderful experience at the Downtown Residence Inn on Dearborn, they wanted to put me back in room 2 but I declined. Room #3 was fine for the final 15 days of my stay. This property was chosen by my employer and is not a location to which I will return voluntarily.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Jim F, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

UTCFan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We take your feedback very serious and have investigated your concerns to ensure that your future travels will far exceed the experience that you have shared with us. Thank you for being such a loyal guest to us and giving us the opportunity to address these concerns directly. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Happy Holiday's!