“New Digs, Same Great 'Cue”

Smoke House BBQ and Catering
Ranked #21 of 267 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The Smoke House a great place to bring your family, friends or business associates. Friendly relaxed atmosphere. Doing food right for 40 years. The BBQ is smoke with hickory for 12 to 14 hours, everyday. Sides, sauces and desserts are all made in-house, from scratch, daily. We are not fast food, but we do serve great food as fast as we can. So, come and relax and enjoy!
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I visited the "new location" for this long-standing South Hall favorite. The old Wood Shed still stands just off the parking lot, and apparently is still available for special events. The new building with expanded seated capacity is a big improvement over the old place. My pulled pork sandwich was as good, if not better than ever. I think they serve up the most flavorful, moist pork in this area. The line for placing orders was long, but moved fast. Servers bring your order to your table (bench) after you have paid. I got the lunch sandwich special, with potato salad as my side, and a regular drink from the machine. They have Coke products (thank goodness none of that other stuff) as well as iced tea. Potatoes were a bit undercooked and firmer than I like, but ok. Three kinds of sauce on the tables. (Like good smoked pork, you sauce your own to your liking). The portion of meat on the sandwich was very generous. I've had their Brunswick stew in the past and found it fairly good, but not excellent. Prices are reasonable, and they continue to do a big business at their location as well as catering for many individual and corporate customers.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

outstanding weenie, all beef, toasted bun, don't kid yourself about being able to eat two. one'll do ya. it was a frankfurter i tell ya. sides were a bit of a disappointment, beans were jazzed up out of a can with ketchup and potato salad lacked the zip of previous visit. it was still and excellent lunch, with pulled pork measured on a fresh bun in a plentiful portion. place is clean, staff some what befuddled, but the postmaster really knows his stuff.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I've been going to Smoke House for years and the food has always been great. Now they have a brand new restaurant with inside dining!

The pulled pork platter comes with 2 sides and bread and is enough food for someone with a big appetite.

Give Smoke House a try if you have never been there!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

$7 for chicken or poem sandwich meal with 1 side and drink. Meat cooked well, got the coleslaw which was unique fine chopped house made with mayo base not heavy light and fresh; added it my sandwich with sweet heat BBQ sauce. I would go back and recommend it to others!

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Best Stew in the south. BBQ is great. Service and banana pudding is purely perfect and southern. Love me some Smoke House!