“Southern BBQ”

Smoke House BBQ and Catering
Ranked #21 of 265 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The Smoke House a great place to bring your family, friends or business associates. Friendly relaxed atmosphere. Doing food right for 40 years. The BBQ is smoke with hickory for 12 to 14 hours, everyday. Sides, sauces and desserts are all made in-house, from scratch, daily. We are not fast food, but we do serve great food as fast as we can. So, come and relax and enjoy!
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Good southern BBQ with all the traditional sides. Never been disappointed. Really like the new expanded facility.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We eat the chicken. It is tender, moist and has not been sitting there all day. There are a couple of sauces and they ate both good. Although the BBQ is good, the banana pudding is to die for.

1  Thank 466,247
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I keep trying to give this place a fair shake. But after two visits I am not impressed. Grant it the food is pretty good but the cost is outrageous. They do a good business, but its not backyard BBQ.
Today I wanted slaw dogs. $9.68 for two slaw dogs and a small drink. Come on! There was nothing special. It was not a Nathan or Hebrew National. It was just not worth almost$4 a piece. They offer no combos... what's with that.
I saw the pulled pork plate. It looked really good. And so did the pulled chicken. I plan to give it a try after I save some money. I know the SWEET HEAT sauce is some good stuff.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Since moving to the new building the barbecue is just as good as always. The mac and cheese used to be baked and tasted like old fashioned homemade; not now, taste like it came from a mix. The cold slaw is ground looking green. For the price you are much better to go to Cookout restaurant down the street.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Simply one of my favorite authentic southern BBQ spots in Georgia. Pulled pork is my go to entree but they also have pulled chicken, ribs and other meat options. Pork is delicious. Well seasoned and has since smoke ring which tells me it's done low and slow. There are many sauce options too by tread lightly because while good,you want to enjoy the true flavor of the meat.

They have recently updated the place and added a new building it's fantastic. Great addition. They also cater. Love it!