“Fun breakfast joint”
Review of Big Bear Cafe

Big Bear Cafe
Ranked #116 of 269 Restaurants in Gainesville
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Just reopened and the wife and I went to check it out. If you like old fashioned southern breakfasts this is a place for you.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Had a double cheese burger not bad service is slow the place is old but clean need to try this place

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Hubs and I were in Gainesville for the day and decided to give the Big Bear Cafe a try. Hmmmmmm.
The temperature of the foods served was quite worrisome. The squash casserole was pretty tasty,but needed to be hotter. The grilled chicken was cooked to order so it was fine. The collard greens really lacked any flavor and were very tough. Hubs had chicken pot pie---meh. His fried green tomato was pretty good, but nothing was outstanding in our opinions. The tea was good---not syrupy sweet. For the portion sizes, we thought it was expensive!
Might return for breakfast but definitely not for lunch.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Had lunch Friday the food was Wonderful portion was good ,service was great and the price was reasonable. Missed seeing Chad , still a great home town Cafe for breakfast and lunch!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I went for lunch. There were about 4 other patrons there. We were greeted by the owner. He informed us that the staff was new and we should be patient.
Our waitress was a bit young and slightly unprofessional but friendly. She never noticed that my glass needed refilling. We waited over an hour for burgers. The parties were good, but were frozen from a box. The buns were awful, poor quality and tore when we tried to eat. The fried okra was undercooked and pre-breaded. The fried green tomatoes were soo bad. I wanted to tell the "chef" how to "really"make them. Nothing ones as a combo. It's all ala carte.
The cheese cake is good. So it's not all bad. You know people like what they like so I don't fault the good reviews.