“Terrific Food”
Review of El Sombrero Grill

El Sombrero Grill
Ranked #125 of 268 Restaurants in Gainesville
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Been going here for years. I love the. Burritos and my wife says the fijita are to die for
I you are real lucky you'll get Eduardo for you waiter. He's the best and very attentive

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Not the best Mexican I have ever eaten but definitely above average and very consistent. It is always the same and always good. They have a great selection of your usual Mexican dishes. Take out is quick and easy and the staff is very hospitable.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I usually only have positive reviews and this is my first time writing a negative one. My friends and I went to this restaurant while camping near Dawsonville for a bite to eat. Both of my friends are college graduates of Georgia Southern University and bragged on how good the food and service is at the location in Statesboro. Once we sat down and proceeded to order we were met by the rudest, non customer friendly server by the name of Alex that I've ever met. I'm not sure if he was overwhelmed or just a jerk but he was cutting us off while trying to order, ignoring our questions, walking past us mumbling smart remarks under his breath and even had the nerve to argue with my friend when she asked for her sour cream and lettuce on the side! I mean I've never been treated in such a nasty way while spending my money. The crazy part is we never raised our voices at him or made a scene while he was displaying such a nasty attitude. I dont think Alex should be in the customer service industry because his attitude made me not want to visit this establishment again. When I asked for a manager they said he wouldn't be in until 6pm. I called back a day later and they said a manger wouldn't be in until a few days?! What kind of games are they playing at this restaurant?! Not a fan and will not be returning. Sorry.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

I enjoy my food here always. Sweet tea is great by the way...I love the tacos and salsa. Staff is friendly, service is usually very good.

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

I loveeeed this place we live in Florida now and every time we talk about going back I talk about this restaurant. We actually planned a trip and will be back soon and this will be our first stop !