“Pretty Good”
Review of Papa's Pizza To Go

Papa's Pizza To Go
Ranked #19 of 51 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We stopped in for a late lunch. The buffet was still open. Employee asked what kind we would like. They made several to please everyone in our party, including the kids. Pretty quickly too. They have a great salad bar as well.

Date of visit: April 2018
Jackie G, Owner at Papa's Pizza To Go, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you so much for coming to our restaurant! And thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We often go out to eat with our friends from church on Sunday's. Papas is our favorite. It can be busy but the buffet is always great and the staff are very nice and polite. The manager usally makes rounds to insure guests are happy and make sure the place stays clean. Great family spot for sure!

Date of visit: March 2018
Jackie G, Owner at Papa's Pizza To Go, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate our customers! Thank you for coming for the buffet, yes it can be very busy but we try to keep the pizza coming! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I recently placed a delivery order with this pizza shop and did not have a good experience at all!! I was driving a Coach Charter Bus with a sports team from TN that I brought to Young Harris College, I was between a rock and a hard place to get some lunch as it was a difficult area to navigate in a vehicle that size so I needed delivery!! I ordered a sub and wings but they insisted on a $20 minimum for delivery! I explained to the girl my plight but to no avail so I HAD no choice but to add more so I opted for chicken tenders with fries(not that I knew it was coming with fries, the girl made no mention of any details!) My order came to $25, a hefty $5 delivery fee was added! So, this is not the worst part...after ordering all this food and I was STARVING, an hour later I still had no food in my hands! I phoned the place back and had the guy tell me I had only ordered 50 minutes prior, to which i corrected that it was indeed an hour! He then asked if I was given a time frame and I informed him that yes I was told 40-45 minutes, to which he gave NO reply! Then he proceeded to inform me that my food was in the oven and would be the next delivery! WHAT!??? The food isn't even done yet! An hour later?!!! I finally did receive my order an entire hour and a half after placing my order! I also had inquired if the wings I ordered were spicy to which I was told no, they were mild. Well, that was not even close to true! THEY WERE QUITE SPICY!! And, the chicken tenders and fries were not good either! I am not even sure that the french fries were cooked completely! The sub was just OK. This place is not one I would EVER use again! And....how silly and short sighted of these people to not attempt to satisfy me in any way! After all, I did have a bus load of hungry lacrosse players that would need to eat after the game! Never again!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Jackie G, Manager at Papa's Pizza To Go, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hello Tracy,
I am sorry you had such a bad experience at our Store. Friday’s are very busy and delivery is always 60 to 90 minutes. It is the time of year when we have to hire and train new people. Obviously they need more training! We do have. $20. Delivery policy because of the distances we have to go to deliver. Please allow us to provide a free meal for your next time you are in our area. If it is not likely you will be in our area please contact Alicia at the store for a refund.
Again we are sorry for your frustration and hope you will give us another try when you are in our area.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The name kinda throws you as a take out / delivery only. But they do have seating. Buffet at nights with small salad and various pizzas to order as well as their own creations. Would not have stopped here had it not been for the front desk at Brasstown Resort recommending it and telling us they had seating area. Its cheap priced and OK pizza. Would not drive a long way for it.

The only complain, not knowing how it is set up, when you enter you pay. We were told to take a seat and then she came to tell us we had to pay first. So back too cash register to do so. Nothing major just we did not know and they did not tell us.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Have eaten here several times and had the lunch buffet. Crew is very good about bringing out new pizzas and trying to keep the buffet stocked. Not easy to do when 6-10 workers arrive and strip the buffet, but the crew does a good job anticipating the lunch rush. Usually a good selection of thin crust and thick crust pizza. Salad bar middle of the road, but fresh. The dessert pizzas are fantastic.

Date of visit: October 2017
Jackie G, General Manager at Papa's Pizza To Go, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review! We are so glad you enjoy our buffet. Yes, it can be a challenge keeping the bar stocked. Thank you for understanding. We look forward to serving you on your next visit!