“EXCELLENT FOOD AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE”

CJ's Southern Traditions
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in LaFayette
Reviewed 9 August 2016

There is not enough to be said about this restaurant. They catered a wedding rehearsal dinner and a wedding that we attended and the food was so good. We decided to drive down and give it a try. The food was home cooking just like your Mom would make. We went on Friday and had the chicken & dressing which came with 2 sides and a bread, all for $6.65, at dinner time. The setting is an old antebellum house which is just beautiful. Even though we were with a large party, the staff took care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. I can not wait to go back!!!! If I lived closer, we would have this for dinner every night.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Over breaded and overcooked catfish. This was my first and last visit.This was a takeout order otherwise I would have sent the food back. The "brown" gravy was awful and know it was made from some type of mix. But they are not alone as I have been to several restaurants that make their southern gravy using a mix and not from scratch.
The catfish did not go to waste, The dogs loved it.
The fella who took my order was friendly.

1  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Great chicken and dressing, okra and green beans!!! Service slow but great food!!!!! Inexpensive food..

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

Had lunch today and my observations are;

The good: Food was very good, service was good/friendly and the old house that is now a restaurant is pretty cool. Prices were reasonable.

The could-be-better: Portions were small and the large dinning area is noisy; was there before the lunch crowd and noise levels were OK but I bet when the place was full would be too noisy to carry on a decent conversation. Parking area needs some structure.

With that being said it is a big house and I guess the noise would be something that you would have to try to ignore!

Final thought, I would go back when looking for lunch while in Lafayette.

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

Fridays are my family's "CJ Friday".. My parents enjoy going here , its a nice environment. My only complaint is the 1 waitress we always seem to end up with. My 70 yr old mother never gets her order correct. Even her drink order is wrong when we have this certain waitress. The food, though, is always very good, hot and fresh.