“Not impressed”

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #24 of 366 Restaurants in Lawrenceville
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked continuously around the clock to ensure only the freshest product. All trimmings are made from scratch daily (there's no freezer in the whole building!) Dine In, Drive Thru, To Go, and Catering available.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went on Saturday afternoon for our first visit to Jim N Nicks BBQ and were underwhelmed with the experience. I understand that this is a chain restaurant so wasn't expecting the kind of down-home good food you might get at a local Mom & Pop BBQ joint but this was a let down even by chain standards. Food was expensive, service was fair, place was noisy, and the food was mediocre. Pulled pork plate was full of fatty chunks that were not edible, the NC style vinegar based BBQ was really wet, some of the fries were rock-hard, coleslaw was warm, baked beans were good though. Don't want to say the place was bad but it was not good either, so won't be going back anytime soon if ever. Better BBQ can be had for lower prices at some other restaurants that we know of.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This place is the bomb! Great barbecue. Pulled pork is my favorite, but have the brisket and ribs are good too. The mac & cheese is awesome. And the banana pudding is the best I've had. I travel throughout Georgia on business and have sampled alot of banana pudding. Jim & Nick's is the best! You can order ahead and pick up through drive through to take with you.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We got carry-out from this place for dinner. We had a chicken dinner with mac and chz and cole slaw, ribs, beans, and fries. The food was delicious! BUT the portion of the 1/4 chicken (you can choose bone in or boneless) was IMO quite small. I would have rather had the bone-in to make sure I got a full serving. Nonetheless, it was moist with a nice smokey flavor. The mac and chz was gooey with hot cheese - realllly good! Cole slaw had a bit of a "bite" to it with the vinegar but was good. Ribs and beans delicious also.

Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

My daughter & I stayed over at some friends in Lawrenceville, GA & they picked up all this BBQ for dinner. I had the smoked chicken, links beans & banana pudding. All was soooo good! Even the banana pudding! My daughter had brisket, ribs, mac n chz' & she loved it. Our friends got their traditional pulled pork & smoked chicken. The corn muffins were a little on the plain side but the rest of the meal was slamm'n! Making it a Yes to some great BBQ!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We have liked Jim N Nicks since the opening...Whether you eat on the patio or inside, there are tv's, nice bar area and plenty of seating. Busy place usually during peak hours and on weekends. They, also, have a drive thru that usually has a long line of cars.
Hint: Plenty of parking.
Food: Although I like their pork plate, the chicken is my new favorite. Very tender...
I do wish they had more than two sauces, but my chicken didn't really need it....