“A gem on the square”

Ranked #25 of 772 Restaurants in Marietta
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Definitely a gem on the square. Breakfast/brunch, lunch, and dinner have always been good. Perhaps a bit loud for dinner, but the fare here is surprising good, unique, and interesting for a small place on the square. Try the desserts!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Such a nice surprise. My daughter in law treated me to dinner and a play at the strand theater for a Christmas present. I was pleasantly surprised by Sugar Cakes. It was the best Shrimp and Grits I ever had. It is a very small restaurant so you need to make reservations. The staff was very friendly and didn't rush you even though they were crowded.. I am looking forward to returning and trying something else.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Visited Sugar Cakes after all other restaurants on the square were booked with over an hour wait. Service was a little slow but the staff was extremely nice. I ordered the shrimp and grits which was good. I would suggest that the chef not put so many green peppers in it though. They slightly overpowered the dish. If you are looking for somewhere quiet this is not the place. It is very small and the conversations tend to be very loud in such a confined space.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

The omelets are stuffed to the brim and are so good. The salmon benedict has the 'best salmon of his life' according to my fiancé. The breakfast potatoes are really good as well. Love this spot!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve been coming here for years. The food is consistently good..... BUT the service gets worse every visit. Took 15 min to order food after being served a beverage. Wait staff seems to do everything but wait on customers! There is no attention to detail here anymore! A server gave my bill with my credit card to another customer.... Yikes!