“Family Lunch Gathering”

Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Zip: 30064
Reviewed 3 April 2016

My second time here and will not be the last! I came here by a lead given to me at the welcome center located in the city not far from the restaurant, enjoyed it so, I went back a couple of days later and got my family, and two other friends to join us. Again, a fabulous lunch, great food, our server, was to a perfection, and so was the food good..... Only one observation, nothing bad just an observation: My wife ordered the Camarones Al Ajillo (shrimp with garlic) it came with rice which she thought was just ok. The rice was kind of dry, no sauce. Also, as a note, this dish was very spicy. It came with a lentil soup which was very good. The shrimp were very small and tasted of being defrosted and then cooked. Not bad, but a little disappointing.Maybe a little improvement here could fix that, other than that everything we tried was delicious. We'll come back again and again and bring more of our friends with us as well. Give it try, I guarantee you it won't hurt your lips.

2  Thank 617RH

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

My second time here and will not be the last ! Two of us came here, enjoyed it so, we went back and got four more friends to join us today. My friend made the reservations and off we went !!!! Again, a fabulous lunch, great food, Sarah , the server, was again perfection, and oh was the food good. This place is absolutely a location you should try. It is in no way a chain atmosphere, but instead a small, cozy lunch/ dinner at an old friends home where you have good service and good food.. Such a great lunch. As we were leaving, we had a discussion about how wonderful our lunch was today and anticipating what we would order on our next visit. Not to be missed !!!

1  Thank E3008Pink
Reviewed 7 March 2016

We stopped to have lunch here and we were seated immediately. We just seem to beat the local lunch crowd. There were 3 of us so the order was an appetizer and entrees. Appetizer was Moduro Frito (fried sweet plantains). One person ordered Empanadas (Columbian meat pie) for lunch, she really enjoyed them. Another ordered Medio Pollo Al Horno (1/2 roast chicken w/ raspberry sauce) and I must admit it was great, I got to taste it. I ordered the Camarones Al Ajillo (shrimp with garlic) it come with rice which I thought was just ok. The rice was very dry, no sauce. Also, as a note, this dish is very spicy. It came with a bean salad which was very good. The shrimp were very small and tasted of being defrosted and than cooked. Not bad, but a little disappointing.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Maybe our expectations were set a little high by the reviews here, but we were underwhelmed by Kiosco. Service was friendly and attentive, but the food was, for the most part, not bad, but nothing special. Things started off well with a generous serving of tasty red sangria and a fried yucca appetizer that was basically 6 large homefries. They were served piping hot with a tasty horseradish/mayo-style dipping sauce. Wine choices were limited and overpriced for the selections, so sangria is a good option. Beer choices are similarly uninteresting. Garbanzo salad was delicious and a highlight. The lentil soup was also tasty. Our main courses were more of a let-down: Sauteed shrimp in garlic made an uninspiringly bland-looking plate when served with rice and fried sweet plantains. The flavor was good, but not great or remarkable in any way. Chicken and veggies sauteed in a garlic butter sauce was served in a very generous-sized bowl. I like my veggies lightly cooked and enjoyed that part of the dish best, but some would definitely be off-put by the still very crunchy broccoli, carrots, zucchini and onions. Oddest of all was the chicken itself; nearly half of the pieces (breast meat) had an odd, rubbery/chewy consistency reminiscent of calamari. The biggest miss was the tres leches cake which was a bland square of a light yellow sheet cake served with whipped cream topped with lines of chocolate syrup and a marachino cherry. It looked and tasted like something from a school cafeteria. We didn't eat past a few bites. With two tables of 10 in the room, noise was a bit of an issue, but not a big problem.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Grab your friend or partner, call and make a reservation, get in your car and head to this restaurant. I have grown tired of the chain restaurants and when a friend called and invited me, I said " why not? ". My only hesitancy was parking which was easily resolved. Now, please note, I personally think you should make reservations at all times, but that's me. Some may question the size of the location but I found that to be part of the charm. Small , quaint location with about seating for about 30 or so and there were 2 or 3 tables in front of the restaurant. Now, you are greeted like you have been there before, and even though there was a little wait, all was wonderful. Now some of the other reviews applauded Eddie. Eddie was wonderful !!!!! However, he was not our main server. His sister, Sarah, was our main server. She was pleasant, professional, had a real smile, anticipated needs, answered all of our many ( and there were many) questions, what more can I say, she far exceeded the service that I have had in a restaurant in a long time. I would go back just to be at her table. Now, I say that but she and Eddie were really working as a team to ensure we had an excellent experience. Sarah, a delightful person, was just assisting us the most. Now, we are in, seated, have excellent service, and then the star of the show!!!!!! The food !!!!! Excellent !!! Outstanding !!! Fabulous !!! I felt that I was dining in 5 star exotic, yet family restaurant. The food was sooo good. I had a pork loin in a black pepper gravey, so good, and my friend had the roasted chicken with raspberry sauce. From the reviews the chicken seems to be the most popular. Everything I ate was just so good. Two things-- I have been to lunch with this particular friend and she consistently sends food back because she finds a problem -- that was absolutely not the case today, she also loved everything and lastly, I eagerly called my daughter to tell her about the place and she said that she loved the place. So, if you can't tell, I LOVE this place !!!! Go, go, go--- but make reservations. Thanks again Sarah !!!!! We left the location about two hours ago and I am still full and basking in the delight of a fantastic culinary experience. So good...

1  Thank E3008Pink