“Certainly not worth the price.”

The Chicken And The Egg
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chicken And The Egg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 772 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Chicken and the Egg is a neighborhood gathering spot that will serve sophisticated yet approachable American farmstead fare. Our name represents the cycle of life and the importance of sustainability. We want to help minimize the negative impact humans leave on this planet. The menu at Chicken and the Egg features innovative twists on classic American dishes. The cuisine will incorporate seasonal ingredients from local farms and purveyors as well as sustainable beef, pork, poultry and seafood. Marc Taft is the chef/owner and will utilize approachable ingredients that are thoughtfully constructed and highlight what the earth has to offer.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Certainly not worth the price. Sounds really good on the web and menu (farm to table, fresh ingredients, blah, blah, blah), but big plates, small portions, and burnt veggies do not a good experience make. Tried two or three times. Done. Fine dining reflects price.

1  Thank russmga1

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My wife and I decided to go here instead of our usual Wednesday night spot. She had the chicken fried steak. I had the short rib. Both were very good. I enjoy dark beer and a whiskey neat with dinner and as they did not have my usual choice of Guinness, our Server Kara suggested a beer from Colorado called Milk Stout by Left Hand Brewery. It was delicious. As far as the whiskey, that's where I have a problem. The only offering for Irish was Tullamore DEW. Its a good budget Irish whiskey, so I ordered one served neat as my usual. When it arrived, it barely covered the bottom of my glass...At best a .75oz pour. I figured it was an oversight by the bartender, so I just drank it and ordered a second. The second was poured exactly the same way. We finished our meal and when the bill arrived, I was charged $20 for what amounted to 1.5oz of whiskey. The retail price of Tullamore DEW at Total Wine (just down the street) is $36 for 1.75L. At the rate I was charged, $13.33/oz x 60oz/bottle = $799 for a bottle that costs $36 full retail. We will go back for the food, but no more from the bar!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We were so excited to try this place for brunch today with our friends... very disappointed! The booth we were given was very awkward for our party of four and although we got our food promptly it was cold. Not sure how that happened. They are supposedly famous for their chicken but we found it to be tasteless, overcooked and overpriced for the portions you receive. The dining room is very nicely decorated and our server was nice but that was about it. We all agreed we would most likely not go back.

1  Thank Techgirl1
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We went for brunch on a Saturday. This place is HUGE so there wasn’t too long of a wait for 2.

Our waitress was very nice and friendly!

We got the chicken and waffles, which were delicious. The waffle was thick and fluffy; the chicken was tender and fried just right.

We also got the fried green tomato benedict. While it was good, we preferred the chicken and waffles over the benedict.

The coffee was good. The mango mimosa was so tasty and decently strong! The $2.50 mimosa deal ($3 for the specialty mango) made it even sweeter!

We really enjoyed our experience here and would definitely recommend!

1  Thank 3rh0
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Quality ingredients and excellent service. Good place for breakfast, lunch and brunch very good menu I recommend the country fried steak,good,good. Open space with a full bar.