“New favorite go to Mexican!”
Review of El Taco Azteca

El Taco Azteca
Ranked #141 of 772 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Exceptionally good fresh Mex. Owner or manager Angel is so charming he got my 16 & 13 years old sons to speak Espanol, something no one in Cozumel could do during a week of vacation. They've taken Spanish for years but usually clam up whenever around Latin folks with whom they should practice.

The food is outstanding. First visit got my standard taco, burrito & enchilada combo. So unusually flavorful I knew we'd come back. Second visit got heuvos con chorizo torta, big enough for 4 meals, I took 3/4 of it home. Fresh large avacado & jalapeno chunks, onions ripe enough to induce tears. Fresh made salsa ranks among best ever.

Do NOT let them throw away unconsumed salsa after your meal. Take it home. Way better than anything from any store in your cabinet or fridge.

Next challenge is to get the boys to order something more exotic than their standard cheese quesadillas. Dad will get more exotic next time too. Coctel De Camarones, Fish Verde, Pollo A La Parrilla & El Norteño going out to other tables looked and smelled incredible.

We will go back to El Taco again. And again. And again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I had the lunch chicken quesadilla which was really excellent. The chicken was well prepared. The service was very good and the food came out very quickly.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We had a large party and they were very accommodating for us. Food was very typical mexican food, they brought chips and salsa right away which is always nice. I loved the decorations throughout the restaurant, much to look at. One of the nicest mexican restaurants for atmosphere I have been too. Service seemed great as we had people filter in slowly and they seemed to keep up wonderfully.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times before and will probably return. Service has always been fast and friendly. Their salsa is fresh and tasty but too hot for me. If you ask for milder salsa, they bring a heated red sauce that does not resemble their fresh, chunky salsa in the slightest so don't bother. The rice is good; re fried beans a bit thin but with good flavor. Fajitas and the chili poblano are pretty good here.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

Good tacos, cheese dip and salsa is awesome and fresh, friendly bar and wait staff...cool neighborhood feel!

Been to El Taco Azteca? Share your experiences!