“Those tortillas...!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We were visiting the city for a concert and this restaurant was down the street, so we gave it a go. Lucky us! We came for what we thought was an early dinner around 5, but a wait was already beginning. We were told there would be a 15 minute wait, but waited literally 3 minutes. Off to a good start!
We ordered two large original margaritas, a pork tamale appetizer and a shrimp fajita plate to share. Everything was simply amazing for TexMex cuisine. The drinks were expensive, yes, but at least the alcohol was in it! The tamales came out hot in their husks and the masa casing was so good-not too sweet- and came with a nice green tomatillo salsa. The shrimp in the fajitas were literally some of the largest we'd ever seen. The medium plate to share would be enough food for three people--serving size was huge. The grilled vegetables were so well seasoned and delicious! And the tortillas are simply amazing. We watched them being made as we left. They had the BEST tortillas we've ever had, anywhere--it's strange to notice how yucky supermarket tortillas are in comparison! Our food was quickly served piping hot and everything was high quality. Nothing disappointed. We will be sure to come back when we're in Atlanta again.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My sister and I were on a shopping trip to Atlanta and wanted Mexican food for lunch - something beside the same ole/same ole we get at home. We drove out of our way to Pappasito's on recommendation of a friend. We were not disappointed! Chips were light, not greasy, and the cheese queso was the best I've ever had. We had the beef, chicken, shrimp fajitas. Although the steak medallions were a little too fatty for me, the bacon-wrapped shrimp was delicious. Homemade tortillas were excellent as well. We decided our lunch was worth a return trip to Atlanta!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Consistently good, wide offerings of food. Nice offering for a variety of different tastes. Great for large groups and a vibrant atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

When we drove in, we were afraid that parking would be a problem. But, we found spots with ease. The place was very busy at 7:30, but we were greeted with a smile and seated promptly. Shrimp tacos were all we could handle (along with fresh guacamole). Great service from Augustino.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Pappasito's was excellent for a chain restaurant. I expected to get a Chilli's or Applebee's experience, but got a lot more than this. The food was excellent. We ordered different stuff at the table and everybody was happy with their choice. The fajitas (which I did not get) seemed to be a winner. I had the salmon, not particularly a Mexican dish, and it was excellent as well.

It was a bit noisy to my taste and I wish they had smaller/cheaper portions rather than the huge portions they served us at a somewhat high price.

But all in all, it's the food that made it a great outing.

Been to Pappasito's Cantina? Share your experiences!