“Fresh Sushi, and Delish food with great staff”

Atami Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #435 of 734 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 6 April 2015

I have been to this place several times. I have had the sit down at the table and the Hibachi several times and I have never yet to have bad service or a bad meal. The staff is wonderful. Friendly, attentive, funny. Also have a great time when we go and always have too much food!!! We had family in town and looking for something different to do with them, so I took them there. We did the Hibachi Grill and the cook was great! My 2 year old loves going there and the cook was very entertaining and made sure everyone was included. We had a party of 10.
I get the Sushi everytime I go and I always like to try something different, and the staff always takes the time to help me figure out what I want. I am not a Sushi expert and half the time I have no idea what things are, I just know that they taste good. lol.
Again, small place, not your Shogun type of place, not big. But I like the smaller places. Seem to get better service, and the staff seems to get to know what you like and don't. I hope this place lasts, seems like alot of these kind of places don't stay around too long.

Reviewed 30 December 2014

We were wondering around town on Christmas night because we were simply done cooking. And this was the only place open without a 2 hour wait. It is a small place right next to Kroger. It was just after 8pm and they closed at 9pm. But they welcomed us with a smile and even entertained the 2 small kids we had with us. The food was good and the service was great. They put on a hibachi show for us. We had a good time. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 29 September 2014 via mobile

My son and his fiancé along with my wife had dinner there last night. My son who has now become a sushi devotee suggested we order the Sushi / Sashimi special for three. We waited about 30 minutes and a huge wooden model bridge showed up overflowing with the best looking Sushi and Sashimi I have ever seen outside of Japan. Lots of ultra fresh tasting raw fish. The eel was outstanding, the octopus firm but not chewy. The special rolls were unique and flavorful. I would highly recommend it this place.