“Excellent Hibachi ”

Kumo 5
Ranked #298 of 734 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Lunch at Kumo was excellent! I have never been to a hibachi restaurant that didn't have the food prepared in front of you, until now. Honestly, I liked having the option of just getting the food without the "show", especially for lunch.
I had the filet which was cooked perfectly. My daughter had the chicken which was juicy and flavorful.
The portions were generous and the price reasonable.
This is a new favorite for my family!

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting family in Woodstock and had a craving for sushi. Now, we come from south Florida where the sushi is probably second or third to Tokyo, so we went in with reasonable expectations.

The first thing we pointed out to each other was how inexpensive the menu items are! We typically pay 50% more for even decent sushi back home.

The wait staff was prompt and friendly. We received our soup and salad almost immediately after ordering and our first plates within 5 minutes.

My wife ordered the Tennessee roll and the lunch special any two maki rolls, she went for salmon. I had the lunch sushi box (5 chefs choice nigiri) and the fire island roll. The quality of fish is amazing. I joked with my wife that the freshness made me think they fished them up through a magic portal in the kitchen. In addition to the fish itself was how well the nigiri was cut. A true sushi chef knows just what cuts to make to keep the fish tender and melt in your mouth.

The space is comfortable, the bench seats are large and deep, the custom ceiling lightning mates well with the slate wall behind the sushi bar. Overall a nice and quiet environment.

Truly a wonderful sushi restaurant

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Honestly, I didn't have high expectations. This new sushi/hibachi restaurant is packed into a hard-to-get-to strip-center on a busy road. Not very imposing entrance. Then you walk in.

Nicely decorated. Modern. Just the right Asian touches. Looking through the menu, you see all the typical sushi choices: standard rolls, special rolls, along some unique "house" rolls and a fair selection of hibachi entrée choices.

OK, it may be promising. We'll see.

Oh. Wow. Wow!

I've had some world-class sushi at some very expensive restaurants over the years. This is just as good as any of it! Fresh seafood and other ingredients. Masterfully prepared. Just. Wow. We thoroughly enjoyed and scarfed up tempura appetizers (perfectly flash-fried), and a variety of the standard, special and house rolls. All of them were excellent.

About the only fly in the ointment is that they still don't have their wine/beer license. Still, you can always order for carry-out!

Oh, yeah, you've gotta try the Godzilla roll!

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

They have good specials for sushi and I love the way they prepare the fried rice. The service is good and the area needed a good local sushi spot for families that is not over priced.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

This is my 4th time here and I have not not been let down. The food is delicious, fresh, and the place is modern and CLEAN. I would easily recommend it.

A++

Been to Kumo 5? Share your experiences!