“Good local place for Cuban fare”

Tortugas Cuban Grill
Ranked #15 of 335 Restaurants in Norcross
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Heard about this new spot on Nextdoor. Everyone was raving about it. So, went for a birthday celebration with a couple of girlfriends. The Mojitos were outstanding. I ordered the Ropa Viejas ("old clothes"). I was a bit disappointed. There was plenty of food, but it lacked any Cuban distinctive flavors. My friends had the Tostones Rellenos, chicken and pork which they thoroughly enjoyed. We all had to take 'to go' boxes.
Because it was my birthday, the restaurant treated me to a piece of chocolate cake. It was yummy! The girls had the flan. Also yummy!
Would definitely go back. Service was great. Atmosphere good.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

This place is easy to get away for lunch because service is fast! All the meats that we ordered looked tender - pork, chicken and beef. The seasoning felt right for these dishes. The sweet plantains were yummy as expected. The beans that they offered as side dish were delicious. The place has comfortable seating and lively music playing in the background. The waitress was so cheerful and this further made our experience enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

The mofongo must be tried. The shrimp dishes are perfectly cooked. Drinks are outstanding especially the purple diamond. If you are ANYWHERE nearby, this is a must try restaurant. Service, food, drinks...perfect!

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Our dinner was served in record breaking time, delicious, plentiful and so reasonably priced. Our waiter was friendly and personable. Go if you want a delicious dinner, festive music, and a bargain on top of it all.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

My wife and I split the waiter's suggested Media Noche. It was plenty for the two of us and we ordered the Coco Flan for desert. All were very good. The waiter said they many many of their deserts at the restuarant. They were very nice and mentioned the live enterainment on Friday and Saturday nights. The women singing has as great voice. The band was not too loud. I want to go back soon.