“Not Great But OK”

Mariscos Las Islitas
Ranked #93 of 301 Restaurants in Norcross
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We went in expecting a new food experience but left a little disappointed. Didn't care for their salsa/appetizer. The food was ok but possibly we are not familiar with this type of cuisine.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I went here with my GF for Lunch recently. I had enchiladas verdes. They were pretty good. My GF had the shrimp tacos. They were just ok, which was a disappointment since seafood is the specialty here. Overall the experience was nothing to write home about. I wouldn't return.

Pros:
Authentic food
Lots of seafood options
Extensive menu

Cons:
Out of several menu items
Canned soft drinks

1  Thank Felice F
Reviewed 14 September 2016

My husband, a traveling friend, and myself stopped at this restaurant to get something to eat. This was our first time visiting this location, and found that the atmosphere was "Beautiful." The staff was consistently asking if you needed anything, taking dirty dishes to keep your table clean, and continuing that cleaning mode throughout the rest of the restaurant(wiping down tables, sweeping, refilling salt containers, etc.). For our first experience, here are the Pro's and the Con's.

Pro's: The Horchata was AMAZING! I highly recommend it. The opening appetizer of fish, fresh vegetables and tostadas was "Delicious." However, contrary to other restaraunts when you have chips/dip, or are provided with bread that offers a heavier snack before the meal, especially since all items here are "FRESH," you were left wanting more food! The staff was professional, matched dressed attire, and helpful. There was a local band playing inside the restaurant which was a nice "Mood," setting technique, but in the small space it echoed quite loud, and they charge $20.00 a song. The proportions are very "LARGE," with the food being cooked to order and fresh. However, the prices have to compete with the food proportions which made the food options limited on the menu if you are looking for something small and less expensive. But a great place to SHARE PLATES.

Cons: The Prices are Expensive. The Selection of Fish available was mostly Shrimp, if you prefer a different fish type, check the menu online or call before going to the restaurant. The location was in a small shopping center, by a very busy highway, be safe! It was difficult getting in and out without getting hit by oncoming traffic. My husband's meal was properly cooked, and was still very hard texture lobster, which made it difficult for him to cut or eat. Half of his plate was wasted. The waitress apologized but said that is how they prepare their plates, no discount was offered for the food. My husband left hungry.

Overall, the experience was 50/50 both Good and Bad. I don't know that we will return, but if we do, we know what to expect.

1  Thank Patricia A
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for something different than your regular run of the mill Mexican restaurant, you are in the right place. Mariscos is a great Spanish SEAFOOD restaurant. The large margaritas were awesome. For appetizer, we ordered the shrimp and cheese empanadas. They were great. Very different than what you get elsewhere.
We ordered the Spicy shrimp Diablo and a grilled shrimp entree. They were spicy and the flavor a were good.
FYI, they have live music. Not for someone looking for a quiet place to eat.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We were in the area and looking for a non fast food lunch. Without a lot of options, we dropped in here. Being the gringos and standing out from the crowd, we were at first not sure we belonged here. The staff was fast to make us comfortable. They were very helpful and pleasant. The food is served hot, plentiful, and is delicious. The salsas are great and if they say hot or caliente, they aren't kidding.

3  Thank Donald W

Been to Mariscos Las Islitas? Share your experiences!