“Pretty good”

Dai Nam Cafe & Billiards
Ranked #78 of 301 Restaurants in Norcross
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Took a chance on a rainy Monday evening. The menu was surprisingly small. I ordered Bun, and they made it vegetarian for me, no problem. It was good, but the condiment tray was missing, especially the sprig of fresh basil would have helped. The sauces they have are amazing, obviously authentic. Service was good, but it was really slow, too. Good Vietnam se music plays overhead. I'd give them another shot.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

This small restaurant offers fabulous Vietnamese food over and above what you can find anywhere else. It's all fresh, no MSG, and at a great price. I trusted the wait staff to guide me to the kind of food I thought I would enjoy and they were right on the money. The tastes are authentic and full of flavor. If you like it hot the spices are on the side, add what your tongue can take. Check it out and discover something good.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

After four visits to Dai Nam Restaurant for both lunch and dinner, with family and friends, I'm convinced: this new spot is my go-to local Vietnamese restaurant of choice. With its proximity to I-85 (Jimmy Carter Blvd. exit) on Rockbridge Road, there's easy access from around the metro area. Located in a small shopping center, parking is plentiful.

About the food: At first, as a comparison to other local Vietnamese eateries, my usual order of Bún thịt nướng was just right--warm & cool together, a crunchy & noodly delight. Just the start!

Layering on appetizers: tiny rice flour pancakes with a perfect shrimp wrapped in lettuce could make a meal. Spring rolls pleased us, and another meat-lover favorite was a Vietnamese meat ball served with Bahn Mi Tay (Vietnamese baguette). Later visits, we tried the Mi Quang, and I think I have a new favorite. It's chock-full of homemade noodles that melt in your mouth and make all the difference--flavorful with pork and Vietnamese ham and no skimping on the fresh vegetables to toss in. Hubby favors "Com Chien Bo Lu Lac" or Shaking Beef: fried rice with succulent beef topped with a perfect fried egg.

Don't forget the kids: Our grandsons lapped up "Nui Xao Bo" and asked for more! (This is Rice Macaroni Stirred Fried with Beef to us.) Owner tells us kids never fail to like it.

Haven't mentioned the Pho, which I love in winter, but others, of course, have daily, no matter the season. Those in our party who tried it say it stacks up: fresh ingredients shine. Can't conclude without mentioning these: the Bánh xèo, crunchy, sprouty & shrimpy: made me swoon! I'd go back just for that alone. Along with a refreshing beverage of fresh Vietnamese Limeade or Preserved Plum Drink, it's a perfect lunch or dinner. We followed with mung bean pudding with shaved ice for a unique treat.

This is a cozy, comfortable place with lots of rich wood details. The owner is eager to please and will visit your table to answer questions in perfect English or Vietnamese. All in all, we left with a longing to go back soon and share the find.

1  Thank cjtex