“New Management”

Don Julio's Mexican Grill
Ranked #82 of 339 Restaurants in Norcross
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went in for dinner this past week. It had been about 6 weeks since I had last eaten here. At one time, this was my "go to" for mexican, with the new management, they no longer have any of the dinner for two specials, no longer have the cup of soup included in the meal, and no longer top off margaritas. The top off on the margaritas, is not the deal breaker, especially with the new management came a new margarita recipe which is not nearly as good as the previous one. There is nothing left that would make this restaurant any different than any of the other tex-mex places close to our home. We probably won't go back.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

My wife and I ate here on Friday evening, July 28th. I find it hard to see how this place has gotten good reviews. It is a small restaurant with tables close together making it hard to talk if others near you are even a little louder than normal. But even this was not too bad if you do not mind this type of environment. They do offer an extensive menu to choose from but the food we ordered was somewhat bland. I had a beef burrito plate and my wife had the chicken burrito plate. While the quantity was adequate the food lacked flavor. After we finished our meal it took forever to get the check so we could leave, even after a couple of requests for it. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone nor will we return should we come back to this area.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Amazing visit! We loved it!! Authentic Mexican food!! Truly appreciated the service and the quality of the food!! More than 5 stars!!

Reviewed 16 January 2017

We have been going here for many years and would go more often if we lived closer. I love tamales and they have some of the best in town. My wife and I usually split a meal since the portions are generous. They start you with a cup of complimentary soup that's always hot and delicious. But the best part is that they will refill your margarita and I think they still top off your beer. And they will continue to do so as long as your eating. So don't worry about drinking too much, just go enjoy the food, drinks and whichever soccer game is on the television.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Food was amazing, excellent service & reasonable prices with lots of choices! If you are in the area, don't miss this small gem!